Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-02-2014 , 04:00 PM

My mental ray makes a weird render

Hi every one,
I modeled a bottle and decided to texture it with mental ray, I used two mia_material_x, one with solidglass presets and the other with glossyplastic (for this one I add a file img that represent the "label" of the bottle), the whole arranged in a layered texture shade with some option. But when I render this with my mental ray (render settings under Production quality) my blue writing and the blue neck of the bottle turn into yellow for some reasons that I can't find ! user added image (I added images for more precision) I hope you guys can help me ! user added image
user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 26-02-2014 , 06:21 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 26-02-2014 , 06:40 PM
Super Moderator
Also one of your layers is set to difference. Blue color set to difference on a white background will result in yellow.

- Genny
# 4 26-02-2014 , 11:45 PM
Gen, you're right ! I changed it by "over" and it works perfectly ! So many thanks to you user added image
And Layered Texture shade works with mental ray if you use some surface shaders user added image

# 5 27-02-2014 , 04:32 AM
Technical Director
So you're taking an mia material, plugging it into a surface shader, then into a layered texture, then into another surface shader?

There are many issues with that. One is that it's overly complicated. Simply connect the two mia shaders into a mix node. Done.

Second is that I'm pretty sure it won't work with caustics. Gen would know more about that.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.