Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-06-2011 , 03:10 PM

ipod modeling...

Hi all...
need some help on this.
I basically modeled the body as a poly but regarding the circular button / selector, I'm a bit stumped on this.
I initially thought I could boolean out the area and work it from there ( extrudes etc..) but I'm wonding if there's a better way I should be approaching this. For the square screen, I was extruding the area in just slightly.
Should I be doing this project in nurbs?...if so, how would you go about this. I have basic nurbs experience so even a simple explanation may help ( although a tut would be even better ).
Anyways, any help on this modeling project would be super great and appreciated.
I'm an AM grad but my modeling serverely lacks so I'm trying to model a lot of stuff to improve.
Thanks,
Joe

# 2 14-06-2011 , 11:35 PM
Super Moderator
I started off with Maya NURBS and pretty much abandoned them, so I'm pretty biased in favor of polys. I wouldn't be overly concerned in having the entire ipod be a single piece of geometry if you're going to texture and apply multiple shaders (backlit lcd screens and whatnot).

- Genny
# 3 15-06-2011 , 04:34 AM
Lifetime Member
Im with Genny...poly biased LOL. Gen is right too....not everything has to be one piece of geo...if you can get away with it fine but if it becomes too much work then just seperate it mate.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes