Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 241 15-11-2002 , 04:37 PM
Kevin
holy shit!!!!!

thanks man "saving to desktop" now user added image

# 242 15-11-2002 , 04:37 PM

finally an update!

Sorry I havent updated for a while I'm having trouble burning stuff to CD and I didnt have an internet connection at home.

So here we are then:

I have decided to make the bug a light attack vehicle mainly due to a complete lack of inspiration as far as weaponry goes. I really couldnt figure out a nice looking solution. If I can then I could have different variants of the mech e.g. transport, heavy attack, light attack etc.

Done a bit of texturing I'm not the best at this sort of thing so any ideas are welcome.

The WASP still rocks though!!! user added image

# 243 15-11-2002 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber

Composite

So...and now i leave you alone with my wasp, until it's finished...postet enough images of her ;O))

# 244 15-11-2002 , 04:51 PM
Kevin
check out my cool desktop in the members area user added image

# 245 15-11-2002 , 04:58 PM
Hi, Guys

I haven´t had any chance at all to update the showcase, I promise you guys will have it updated for tomorrow. (Formatting my machine).

Anyway,

BulletProof: This is one good looking mech you´ve got now, especially that metallic look you gave it on the desktop image. I believe you do have a talent for it. Excellent Entry mate!
Animating it perhaps? user added image

Pure_Morning: Another great entry, I´m happy seeing this one being textured. Do you intend to rig it?

Babyduck: Excellent, keep on it!

To everyone else, we are exactly at the middle of the month. I suggest you guys finish modelling soon, if not finished yet, to give chance to texture and lighting phases and such.

Regards all ...

# 246 15-11-2002 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber

Texturing

Sorry....haven't even finished texturing yet..the legs, the wings, and the head still needs to be textured right...afterwards if i have enough time, i'll give it a try animating the whole thing,...or are there any volunteers ? user added image

# 247 15-11-2002 , 05:02 PM
Kevin
great work there Pure_Morning! good to see an update on your entry.

And bullet, why did you have to put up another shot for? now i want another 1024 x 768 user added image

# 248 15-11-2002 , 05:21 PM
Get it into the desktops thread mate! not here!
Darn Kevin is making them dissobey image posting rules ...
LMAO user added image

Excellent composite by the way Bulletproof!

# 249 15-11-2002 , 05:29 PM
BulletProof: Are you using a GI Joe type lighter or is it a three point lighting kind of thing?

# 250 15-11-2002 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber

Lighting

no GI-Joe Script...just 3 simple direkt lights...one casting shadows....the other two not...and a spot-light for the thruster...If you want anything further, you can download the Scene....under https://www.laesser.ch/wasp.ace

greets

b u l l e t

# 251 15-11-2002 , 06:13 PM
Hey great! I had seen the link before but I´figured since I´m formatting, then perhaps d-load it after the Format is through.

I´ll check it out bud! Thanks!

# 252 15-11-2002 , 06:58 PM
ok quick question for you guys: I have some NURBS tubes on this model and I want to change them to polygons so that I can combine them with the leg to create one object. So I go to modify>>convert>> NURBS to Polygons. And all this seems to do is create a new copy of the tube whether or not it's polygon I'm not sure. So i try to delete the original tube and then move the polygon one into place to combine but as soon as I delete the nurbs one both tubes dissapear! Help?!

Oh and I have got the main rig in place as well (But As i know NOTHING about rigging it will probably all go a bit Pete Tong on me!!! user added image )

Alan

# 253 15-11-2002 , 07:22 PM
Subscriber
Sound like your history button was enabled at the time of creation of the converted surface.

Kill history from the main menu. (I think its under "modify")

Delete other-->History (or something like that)

Or convert nurbs-surface to polys without history button on.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 254 15-11-2002 , 10:26 PM
Supreme Being
wicked stuff ppl.. really amazing.. :p
welcome to SM RayRay.. :p

# 255 15-11-2002 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber
BulletProof your mech is very amazing !!:p
i post some new pics of my mech (no so beautiful than you ;-) )

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !