Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 271 24-06-2003 , 12:44 PM
Love the wheels! Excellent!

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 272 24-06-2003 , 01:31 PM
Thanks for all of the replies!! I really need your help. There have been some concerns about overdoing the piping.. So I was wondering if this looked any better... Please let me know! THanks! Brian

Btw, the front looks kind of empty compared to the back, So I was going to model some very thin Hoses up to each of the lights, one in, one out, and have hot water running thru the little "grilles" so they keep from freezing

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 273 24-06-2003 , 02:42 PM
My advice would be, "Take what everyone says with a grain of salt." The vehicle doesn't have to be completely realistic. Personally, i think that's one of the best things about your ideas/models....the way you use your imagination. With the piping on, it reminds me of something out of a Mad Max, post-apocalypse movie. It's more extreme (the point of the challenge) than just another SUV with some rollbars and lights. My .02.

Last edited by NitroLiq; 24-06-2003 at 02:45 PM.
# 274 24-06-2003 , 02:44 PM
thats kinda what i thoght to... Sigh... so many opinions... Don't know what to do... user added image
B

Please check
My (old) website!
# 275 24-06-2003 , 02:46 PM
My vote is to stick with the piping and the wheels. user added image

# 276 24-06-2003 , 03:06 PM
Started to texture the piping, i figured that it would be the most time consuming part.. What do you think?? Its an in and 1/2 Diameter, so it is not going to be Copper, but the stuff on the front lights will be copper.
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 24-06-2003 at 03:12 PM.
# 277 24-06-2003 , 03:37 PM
I Know its a big Pic, sorry, but here is the final piping texture, I am satisfied with it, there is a diffuse, bump and specular map on it. Thanks!
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 278 24-06-2003 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber
Yes brian, Nitro has had the best point so far. Listen to what we say, but don't let it change anything major unless you see something much better coming out in the end. I notice you keep coming up with these crazy original ideas, even in the last week. You gotta tap into that a little more, and i'll tone down my crits about how "the sattelite dishes might break off" or whatever. THIS IS INTIMIDATING! I'm sure my vehicle will need you're rescue if it evah broke down!

Oh and about the pipe texture, we can't really see it, its a bit far away.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 279 24-06-2003 , 04:33 PM
Here are the window textures as of right now... sorry about the background I was having some issues, There is still a little bit of streching on the back windows, I am trying to work on that now. Thanks!
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 280 24-06-2003 , 04:41 PM
these pipes textured looking cool !

:g) Charles
freemind.cz
# 281 24-06-2003 , 04:58 PM
my dream in 3d: to be as good as brian_ellebracht

user added image

# 282 24-06-2003 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
Looking good. I agree with Nitro- take the ideas you want to take. I certainly only offer suggestions to stimulate ideas/creativity, not to make you think what you are doing is wrong or stupid.

I wouldn't make suggestions if I thought it created a dilemma. Sometimes I find it's helpful to hear what other people think, other times they have great ideas which just don't fit- pick and choose!

On that subject (!) I like the pipes and the colour but the expanding flexible bits don't stand out as much as they might. I really like all the equipment, dishes and things on the back of the vehicle. Nice details.

# 283 24-06-2003 , 05:40 PM
Hmm.. I was making the expansion joints rubber, but do you think it would look better with a cloth texture on the outside? We use those here to so both would work. as far as suggestions go, I agree that its just your guy's opinion, but i think its important to help make it look better. I know I don't have to use your opinions, I usually change things so much, I don't mind user added image
Anyways, now MR is all screwy and keeps on doing that wied background... Anybody Know why?? Thanks alot,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 284 24-06-2003 , 07:24 PM
I would like to see a PhongE black shader on the rubber bendy joints.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 285 24-06-2003 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
i was think black too.....

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2