Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 05-09-2008 , 03:59 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Genny

Excellent thats good news. Updates are already in the pipe...

Jay

# 77 06-09-2008 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
yea has been to long. you can pm me here any time I can check them with my friends pda a few times a week. no eta on gwtting my rig online right now. live In an area with no net avaliable other than over priced wireless with usage limits that are stupid low i.ll check my pms in a few days bro

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 78 06-09-2008 , 12:39 PM
will do

J

# 79 11-09-2008 , 09:54 PM
Subscriber
quality stuff jay!

any updates so far matey?

# 80 11-09-2008 , 10:34 PM
Will do soon

Not been too well this week, got a bad infection in my gum below a wisdom tooth so not feeling too inspired to do much.

Hopefully I'll try to do something tomorrow (letting the antibiotics kick in atm) but I just wanna chill and die in a corner right now LOL. the pain has been pretty intense.

Jay

# 81 11-09-2008 , 11:44 PM
That's depressing :<

Don't take codine, muscle relaxers, and drink a glass of wine... it may help the pain, but the next day you'll find a very distinctive gap in your memory... I know from experience.

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 82 12-09-2008 , 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jay
Will do soon

Not been too well this week, got a bad infection in my gum below a wisdom tooth so not feeling too inspired to do much.

Hopefully I'll try to do something tomorrow (letting the antibiotics kick in atm) but I just wanna chill and die in a corner right now LOL. the pain has been pretty intense.

Jay

Haha yeah, those suck, the pain is all in your neck and up into your head, people know you have an infection yet their are asking you if you're ok and you're biting their heads off when you manage to sputter out some words. I'm not a fan of pills but painkillers are just great. Feel better soon.:hug:

- Genny
# 83 12-09-2008 , 01:32 PM
Yep you got in one Gen. Thank you, Im feeling better today but have a dopey head (no change there lol) The tablets sure make you sleep!! Woohooo look at the pretty colors man!!

They call it tooth 'ache' but this isnt an ache, its full on pain. Its like when you bite down on aluminium foil from a candy wrapper by mistake but 10 times worse.

I had to visit the dentist again on friday as the pain was so bad, I nearly flaked out on the train going to work as the pain killers werent working. He opened the tooth up to let the pressure out then doped me up to my eyeball with stuff and extra anaesthetic to last for five hours while the other stuff kicked in.

Jay

# 84 13-09-2008 , 05:20 AM
Subscriber

Don't take codine, muscle relaxers, and drink a glass of wine... it may help the pain, but the next day you'll find a very distinctive gap in your memory.

NOW i know whats wrong with me user added image

what an amazing concept Jay.., you come up with this hybrid joker woman idea??

Im still in awe of Leath's performance.

as far as the model.., im thinking this could be the best work i have seen from you?? dont know. maybe the cocept.., though the image is drop dead sexy.., looks like you have a keen eye for curves.., healthy lad !!!

though one thing that kept catching my eye was the shoulders.., seem slightly out somehow.., id have to study it for a while to pin point it. the thing about visual art..,one pencil stroke a little off and the whole drawing, image can come falling down like a house made from a pack of cards.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 85 13-09-2008 , 10:04 AM
Hey Mirek

Many thanks.

This is actually a different take on the character of Harley Quinn from the Batman Comics. I wanted a more real world feel and not a cartoon hence basing it more on the new Heath Ledger style of Joker. Do a google search for Harley Quinn and you'll see why, though I know theres not a great deal being given away here in terms of clothing right now.

I was about to update the thread with a grab as Ive been working on some mini shorts for her but Zbrush crashed so I gotta start again on those.

With regard to the shoulder this one is a place holder, there's already a corrected version along with the wrist/hand pointing to the mouth, as thats a little too collasped too, see the beginning of the thread as to what I mean.

anyways will try and update later, gotta get ready for work now...

laters
Jay

# 86 13-09-2008 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber
i learnt a bit about the character at drama in uni when we learnt about Commedia dell'Arte

its an interesting story with plenty of characters.., they are all used still today.., but disguised in todays clothes and politics.

sienfield to monty pyhon and more.., user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 87 13-09-2008 , 11:48 PM
And about time...an update

Started doing retopology modelling in Zbrush. Now why cant maya make it this easy!!

Jay

user added image

# 88 14-09-2008 , 01:33 AM
Just starting on the mini short detail...

Jay

user added image

# 89 14-09-2008 , 04:44 AM
Super Moderator
No cameltoe? Whats up with that Jay?

- Genny
# 90 14-09-2008 , 04:55 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GecT
No cameltoe? Whats up with that Jay?

yeah I'm going to have to agree with that.
Is this supposed to be some devilish girl? Because she should have some evil cameltoe to match!

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”