Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-02-2006 , 12:41 AM
Subscriber

which video to get

okay I am new to maya and want to know which video to get first to learn ..I know the interface alittle and have tried some books and want to know where to start ..list some good dvds to start .i want to know which dvds to start out with and ones good in order if that is possible.

# 2 02-02-2006 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber

Re: which video to get

Originally posted by mmoore5553
okay I am new to maya and want to know which video to get first to learn ..I know the interface alittle and have tried some books and want to know where to start ..list some good dvds to start .i want to know which dvds to start out with and ones good in order if that is possible.

I think they're all good so far. The one i started off with was The Oliphant Model. I learned a lot from it starting at zero experience.

# 3 02-02-2006 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber
where is that ..I looked for it on this site and cant find it ..what other tuts or dvd have you all used ? i found it ...what others are good to get ..that one looks hard lmao

# 4 02-02-2006 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
I also got the Ferarri DVD which I thought is also really good.
None of these are hard if you follow the tutorial step by step. They talk you through it as they're working and gives us some good tips. It takes a log of time of course, but it's well worth the time to practice. user added image

# 5 02-02-2006 , 02:26 PM
Subscriber
I am also using the ferari tutorial.
But instead of a ferari i am trying to make a tuned mazda MX3. And the good thing is thiss tutorial alows me to make my own model. also tryed the free tutorial for making the dog. Wel i made a cute dragon. not because i failed making a dog offcourse user added image. Hope you find what you need here and i wish you many luck.

# 6 02-02-2006 , 02:39 PM
Subscriber
If you are new to Maya I would try and get all the free ones just to get you use to the interface and the basics of doing modelling and the like before you spend money on some of the advance things.

Just my suggestion.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 7 02-02-2006 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
Thank you all for your help ..any more suggestions or comments are welcome ..will try the dog tutorial and then the oliphant one .... and let you know how it all goes ..i did see the fuzzy yeti ..that looked good so who knows

# 8 02-02-2006 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
That sounds cool, don't forget to post your Work in Progress in the section so we can have a look and see how you doing.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog