Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 23-04-2009 , 07:12 PM
They can be f***ers when it comes to that can't they!
Hadn't commented on your work although I had been following your progress, I really like it, nice render and modeling!
The first video you posted a link to made me a little dizzy!
It was spinning a little too fast, the second one was spot on, pity about the music thing, if you know any one that can play the piano maybe get them to play something and do it that way.
Excellent work whatever the case!

# 47 23-04-2009 , 07:33 PM
Thanks dude,

well, I can play piano, but the thing is that I hand made the animation och rendered and composited the video to that particular song, which took a lot of hours... and I'm not doing it again I'll tell ya! :headbang:

# 48 23-04-2009 , 07:39 PM
That's a right pain in the arse then, not sure what else you could do to solve it, I have heard of some law that states if a piece of music is altered (enough) more than 10 times it is considered no longer a sample and therefore is exempt from copyright, not totally sure if it's completely true, but maybe something to look into, if not for this project then one in the future. If that's just crap I'll be putting it to those that told me as they work in the music industry!
Good luck with whatever you decide, it would look great if even silent!

# 49 23-04-2009 , 07:41 PM
EduSciVis-er
Depending on the song, you could just reverse the video and audio and have a probably strange sounding melody, but it wouldn't be recognizable as the copyright tune, and you wouldn't have to render anything. user added image

# 50 23-04-2009 , 07:55 PM
Reversing will maybe pass the test, but not guaranteed. And it requires reencoding the video etc. and uploading it again, and it's crap anyways.

I'm pretty aware of the copyright laws, I'm just wondering how the other 94826 versions got pass the copyright check. Maybe they added this copyright check just recently and didn't check all the other videos just yet. (That's my guess).

After youtube have deleted all the copyrighted stuff there will only be people talking into a webcam left.

# 51 23-04-2009 , 08:05 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
You could try uploading it to a different video host (but make sure you get the copyright holders permission)

# 52 23-04-2009 , 08:16 PM
If I get the copyright holders permission I could show it on youtube also. But that will happen when pigs fly... or when hell freezes over... whatever comes first.

# 53 23-04-2009 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
you need permission from the song writer, the artist who performed (if they are the song writer then that's a plus) and, and permission from the record company

don't forget they will need money too

oh, and, since it's international you need to get the permission from the record companies in each country that the artist is associated with

so yeah... getting permission is not easy

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 54 23-04-2009 , 09:49 PM

Last edited by DJbLAZER; 24-04-2009 at 08:58 AM.
# 55 23-04-2009 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
dude there are no related videos, you have reached the point of niche-awesomeness

unless it was just my end playing up...

speakers are unplugged at the moment so i didn't hear the sound

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 56 04-05-2009 , 06:50 PM
Here's the final huge render. I'm not 100% satisified with it but I'm to sick of this project to do anything more.

user added image

# 57 04-05-2009 , 06:54 PM
EduSciVis-er
Wow, that really looks amazing.

# 58 04-05-2009 , 06:55 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Fantastic video!
Nice choice of song too
Is that 30 second rule an international thing?

# 59 04-05-2009 , 07:30 PM
Thanks...

International? I guess so... I mean I have my account at youtube.com.

# 60 04-05-2009 , 08:06 PM
Your hard surface work is impeccable!

To have all those squared corners is a surface (although being a flat surface helps) without getting all kinds of lumpy bump and stretched edges is truly remarkable!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675