Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-04-2013 , 04:24 AM

Paint Effect Stroke question

Heya

I'm kinda new to paint effects and couldnt really figure out how to solve this. I know that the speed of painting brush strokes determines the gap inbetween the tubes sprouted as in if I paint the strokes slower, the tubes are more clustered and vice versa but since I used paint effect attached to curve, I cant really control how fast or slow I draw a curve since it's drawn by points.

user added image

This is the result I got applying the stroke on curve

How do I modify the gaps in between and make the tubes move closer together? >.<

# 2 03-04-2013 , 05:23 AM
Lifetime Member
First select the stroke, then one of the following:
In the Attribute Editor, click the brush tab or in the Channel Box, click the brush name under INPUTS.
Then under Tubes > Creation section alter Tubes Per Step until you have your desired amount.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 03-04-2013 , 06:01 AM
Thank you for replying

I tried what you said but I noticed that using Tubes Per Steps affects everything on the stroke even parts where it's already clustered enough.

Also, is it possible to shorten the gap of the stroke with tubes disable? I used the neon paint effects and attached them to the curves I have drawn. When I tried to animate them using End Bounds, the lines doesnt animate smoothly as the gaps in between the stroke are to wide apart. It practically jumped from one gap to the other instead of moving smoothly.