Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-11-2002 , 10:22 PM

Art Institute - Hate it or love it?

Art Institute - Hate It or Love It?
I am considering enrolling in the Computer Animation course at the Art Institute and I wanted to find out if anyone has attended the Art Institute and what their experiences were.

For degree information: https://www.ais.aii.edu/programs_deg...display=program
Curriculum Information: https://www.ais.aii.edu/programs_deg...play=curriculum

Is it a good school?
Were you happy with your education?
Did you feel like it prepared you for the industry?
What caliber were the professors?
What didn't you like about it?

Thanks for ANY and ALL feedback!!!

# 2 05-11-2002 , 06:27 PM
I go to the Art Institute in Philidelphia and it is the worst school I have ever attended. DONT GO THERE!!!!!!. They stopped teaching Maya about a year ago because they think that 3D Studio Max is the industry standard.(there retarded)Watch out when enrolling in AI on the east coast, they only teach you the skills that are needed to work in the city/town the school is in. So basically if you live in N.Y( where there is no AI ) and went to AIPH, you wont learn the skills needed to get a GOOD job in Manhatten. I actually changed my degree from a B.S (Bachelor of Science) to an A.S so I can get the hell out of the school and go somewhere that will actually teach me what I need to know. If your on the east coast go to the school in Ft. Lauderdale. I went there for 2 yrs, there the best. They have so many students from all around that they can teach industry standards, there not limited to teaching local skills. Its a Maya drivin school that I hear is getting bigger. As far as West coast Ai's.....there in the heart of the 3d industry , there all pretty good. All the 3D shows happen over there, the only thing we get over on th east coast are terrorists! Where was the school you were thinking about attending????