Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 07-10-2006 , 08:12 AM
Very interesting project... I can imagine how time consuming it must have been. I have a question for Vladimirjp though. You said you can stick those tiles to the sphere using goal weights. Now I've never really used them before, but I thought goal weights were for attracting particles? So how can you do in this situation, where you're dealing with planes that need to be positioned at certain coordinates.

Oh and I nearly forgot: great work, Tiddles. Haven't seen the animation yet, but I can hardly wait. user added image

# 17 08-10-2006 , 07:48 AM
OK, made another animation. This still not the final camera angle I want to use. But I added a small glow to each tile as they strike the globe's surface & a starfield to background, so I rendered out this sequence to show client.

Also note that the music is only temp (still waiting for client to provide this) and I also added a very quick transition to the sites logo. I will eventually model this in maya but added it to this clip just for clients opinion. (always add in stuff u dont like and wanna change so the client will leave alone the stuff you wanna keep user added image )

https://www.kickarz.com/tile_animation03.wmv (24Mb sorry about size - right click & select Save Target As)

Below is a screen capture...

Attached Thumbnails

"If you think you can or if you think you can't....... you're right!"
- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 18 04-12-2006 , 09:56 AM
Wow! not posted here for a while...

Unfortunately, I have made very little progrss on this job (been very busy spinning my wheels and getting nowhere :shakehead )

I've taking the plunge and finally opened the maya dynamics toolset. Added a simple emitter to the centre chamber of the original room scene. The chamber itself is a collision object so the particles won't drift outside. Still have a lot of detail to add, just thought I'd post an update.

All suggestions most welcome...

https://www.kickarz.com/room_test2.wmv (3.2Mb - right pick - save target as)

below is a screen shot for those who rather not download the vid..

Attached Thumbnails

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 19 14-01-2007 , 05:38 PM
Subscriber
wow great concept i really like it dave. i espeically love the sphere/world thing youved done, looks awesome. sadly though you have kind of made little progress.

ermm is it me or i seem to cannot download the world video clip, it keeps saying this error.

marlon

# 20 14-01-2007 , 06:44 PM
Thanks marlonjohn,

I really do need to spend more time on this one!

I just re-tested the video link and it worked from here. If you cannot get it to play, go to my site (https://www.kickarz.com) & click on the WORK IN PROGRESS link. It should be the 1st video on that page.

Take care.

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 21 15-01-2007 , 02:04 AM
Subscriber
yeah i think if you spend abit more time on this youll end up with a great result.

cool, looks cool... just a question what else are you going to add to this and that etc. another thing when will this be on air, id love to check it out and watch it user added image