Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-04-2007 , 11:35 AM

nCloth shelf does not appear in 8.5 unlimited?

I have maya 8.5 unlimited, and the shelf for nCloth is not appearing! I've looked through some config settings, but couldn't find anything! How can I get that shelf back?
Thanks!

# 2 12-04-2007 , 12:19 PM
no one has an ncloth shelf, lol
but you know where you select polygons, surfaces, animation, dynamics and rendering on the top left?

its at the bottom of that list.
and you can make a custom shelf with it if you want.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 13-04-2007 , 01:12 AM
I have 8.5 unlimited and there should have been an "nCloth" shelf between the "hair" and "custom" shelves. If you don't have one, then you're going to have to do as Joopson said and create one. Goto Windows>Settings/Preferences>Shelf Editor. Click on Shelves tab. If you don't see an "nCloth" in the list, create one.

Then, just add whatever nCloth tools you want to your new shelf.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 13-04-2007 , 01:25 AM
i dont know how to use ncloth but its there non the less, try default settings

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 01-06-2007 , 04:55 PM
if you had maya complete and upgraded, you need to remove the maya men pref from the mydoc/maya/maya 8.5/pref for it to reset.

# 6 11-06-2007 , 03:16 PM
Subscriber
its a common problem we have had in work/ 5 out of 12 pcs did not install the shelf button. We think its because we used old prefaces import from older versions of Maya.

anyway heres the shelf icon - just put it with the rest and restart Maya and it will work.

Attached Files
File Type: rar shelf_ncloth.rar (1.7 KB, 253 views)

# 7 11-06-2007 , 05:04 PM
Senior Software Developer
Tweety your 100% right. Whe you install maya 8.5 with an older version already in place it will ask you to keep your original settings and migrate or put in new ones. Always put in new ones, otherwise you will end up with a lot of "missing" selves and additions that are in maya 8.5

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 8 11-06-2007 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
I have alot of custom scripts and settings I use all the time of I always import my settings. Its only the ncloth shelf I have a problem with and thats because of the old cloth settings. Anything else that goes missing I have not noticed.