Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-06-2008 , 04:26 AM

texturing a human hand

hi i have also modelled a human hand and i want to texture it so that it looks like a real human hand. Is it possible to do it with maya only without using photoshop.or i need photoshop.Pliz tell me the steps for texturing my hand

keep moving 4ward
# 2 30-06-2008 , 05:26 AM
Subscriber
For realistic texturing you really need a package either 2D, like Photoshop or Gimp, or a 3D package like zBrush or bodyPaint 3D. In maya you can make some fairly complex shading networks but to really get to the next level you need a package in which you can design/make/paint textures.

Also for realism you should have a look into sub surface scattering.

Chris

# 3 30-06-2008 , 05:29 AM
Subscriber
To texture your hand in a program like photoshop you need to lay out the textures for your hand in maya's UV texture editor, you will then save these out as an image file, then open this in photshop and paint textures onto it before bringing it back into maya to apply the texture to the model.

Thats a very brief description I know but check out google, the help files or even on this site for texturing tutorials.

Chris

# 4 30-06-2008 , 06:33 AM
thanks will try and use photoshop.its only that i don't have photoshop on my computer.

keep moving 4ward
# 5 30-06-2008 , 06:35 AM
Subscriber

# 6 30-06-2008 , 07:57 AM
thankx mate.

keep moving 4ward
# 7 30-06-2008 , 12:18 PM
another is paint.net
Its more like photoshop than gimp, and its a bit easier on your computer.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com