Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-11-2012 , 08:52 PM

simple expression question

I just saw the top thread about expressions but could not find the reply button there. Sorry that I post a new one.

I'm new to expression. And I've been working on a thesis project which needs a little bit of expression knowledge. Basically I want to create a volume of balls moving in a shape while each has their own random motion. So I have the particles emitted from a volume mesh and goal to it. I use .goalU=.parentU/.goalV=.parentV to distribute the particles within the volume. I deform/animate the mesh and hide the mesh to have the particles move in the way I want. Now, I need to find a way to make the particles each has some motion within their own space instead of just stick as where they were born. I searched for lots of posts but still cannot find the right one. I tried to use gauss function but it doesn't add to much randomness and looks jittery. I also try to write some expression with goalU, goalPP, goalOffset... but I was not able to make it look right.
user added image
I will REALLY REALLY appreciate it if anyone can help me with it. THANK YOU!