Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-04-2013 , 07:44 PM
EduSciVis-er

nHair doesn't render

I'm trying to render hair, and it doesn't show up at all when I render with mental ray. I've tried playing with the shading attributes in the hairSystem and I've made sure render fur/hair is checked on in the render settings. I don't have any paint effects attached to the hair, but I should be able to render hair without paint effects. I notice that there isn't any visual feedback in the viewport if I change the number of hairs per clump or anything like that. Should there be?

# 2 06-04-2013 , 07:59 PM
The thin red line
Have change the render setting to production, not sure if it does change in view port with small changes...............dave

# 3 06-04-2013 , 09:36 PM
EduSciVis-er
Thanks Dave, I did try changing the render settings to production, even production: rapid hair and there wasn't anything. I ended up adding a pfx to it. I don't really understand the intricacies of the system, but I ended up getting something to render, so I'll go with that for now.