Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-03-2003 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber

Creating Moonlight

Hi.

I have this scene below and I am trying to create the effect of moonlight coming in through the window, and dancing shadows on the floor.

What is the best way to do that?

Thanks.

# 2 21-03-2003 , 12:42 AM
Subscriber
Don't know much but moon light is low of corse. Its blue ! Not totaly but cast blue. Put a color tent on the light or desaturat the seen on the red and green channels some.

# 3 23-03-2003 , 09:10 AM
SM Alumni
Use some lightfog on a spotlight to create the effect of light streaming in through the window. As far as color, use a slight grey.....just go a tiny tad into the "blue country" in your color chooser user added image

Make sure you have shadows turned on for the light and you may have to scale the cone of the light in order to get the "moonlight" to pour into the room. I use the cloud texture for the lightfogs' color by the way user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.