Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-08-2003 , 02:04 PM
Subscriber

maya 5 tuts -

user added image :yipee:

hey all!

new-ish to maya bod here!

can anyone advise me where i can get some good CPS tutorials?(yes, have just download yours here!) Or even better, some tutorials on the smooth proxy feature in maya 5?(not the subd's, got those sussed)
this is the wonderful CPS mel but now a standard feature of maya.
need to know, when i have a model, i have spit it in half, i cant seem to delete the whole half of the model, but seems to have left some of the smooth shape left..user added image

if anyone has some ideas, it would really be appreciated!!

cheers

natz

# 2 05-08-2003 , 07:06 PM
Hmmmm.......I dont know of any others, but there is really not a whole lot to it. It just takes some tinkering with, but once you figure it out you will never stop using it untill you get maya 5 and use the smooth proxy thing.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 06-08-2003 , 09:29 AM
Subscriber
thanks mate!

was tinkering on maya 5 last night and learnt something new already

thanks for the response though

# 4 11-08-2003 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber
Hi Natz,

Maya 4.5 also has the smooth proxy... however I don't know if there has been more improvements to it in Maya 5...

however I still like CPS better than the Smooth proxy... maybe also because of the extra things/utilities it has... user added image

btw. regarding working on one half - deleting the one half, there is a method regaring this a bit down this thread... -->
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&threadid=5532

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 5 11-08-2003 , 12:17 AM
Yea, all I use is cps........CPS ROCKS!!!!!!!! hehehe

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow