Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-05-2005 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber

Hot Girl

What we really need here is a model of a really hot girl. Fully textured and rendered. I find modeling female characters to be really hard because of their more...what you call it subtleness.

# 2 07-05-2005 , 07:20 AM
19 year Veteran
If your into hot CG girls, I reccomend you go over to CGTalk.com, and take a gander at the artist's who post in that community. There are many types of professional and amature CGI Artists there from Maya to ZBrush. It will not dissipoint you. I wish more of the very talented artists here would post such work ( No offence to the Maya masters here ).

# 3 07-05-2005 , 11:21 AM
have you modeled a human yet? why waiting for someone? just try to do one on your one, u will get enough help here. PS: noone can model the perfect girl exept you, cause who knows what's perfect for you exept yourself?

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 4 07-05-2005 , 03:29 PM
19 year Veteran
I do a little modeling, not really enough to make a " Hot Chick ". I like lighting and rendering scenes more than modeling. Here is a little "something sumthing" of my modeling. It's in it's early stages and I don't have the body made yet. I cant say when I will be finished with it.

Attached Images
# 5 07-05-2005 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I've modeled a human before, but I wouldn't call it a very good one. I just want to see how others approach it.

# 6 07-05-2005 , 07:45 PM
I would not say it´s easy, but if you have inthusiasm there should be no problem. I work on a girlmodel - U can watch it in my wip thread - but put it temporarily away cause of the chellange. the only thing I´d like to say is - I would never make it to model a cool chick by waiting for someone else to do it. sure, everybody needs to learn - also by watching other´s techniques. but in the end it´s up to one self. U said we don't have a perfect chick here, so wouldn' t it be great to have the first perfect chick built on your own? don't tell me about impossibilities. I still call myself noob, but I like my own chick the most. why? cause I made her! the girl I work on is the 2nd human I did and much better then the first one. I wouldn't call her the perfect chick. but the next, or the one after her maybe will be. I found out that it'S much more pleasurable to have your own imperfect chick then someone elses perfect chick. user added image

nevertheless U have a point. maybe I'm just pissed by searching and not finding for free. I found a perfect chick once, but the geometry cost about 300 bucks, so deceided to build my own.

cheers

# 7 07-05-2005 , 07:49 PM
THX1138 you have very nice edgloops here. I'm still struggling with that. don't know if I´ll ever get that.

# 8 07-05-2005 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
lol yeah I don't mean anything by it. I just figured you can't possibly learn everything just by trying stuff out yourself. To be the best, you gotta learn from the best. user added image

And I'm no where the best so I can't learn from myself. I've been looking at the CGtalk website for about an hour now, and I must say, that BlackNull guy is one intimidating dude. Not to be rude to anyone here or anything. I love the stuff here, otherwise I wouldn't be here still. user added image

# 9 07-05-2005 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber
Here's what I'm working on right now. I've actually had 2 character modeled before. 1 male mody, and a monster body but it got wiped out with the rest of my work. This is my first attempt at remodeling a character since then. I've been trying to do whatever I can when I have time.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 07-05-2005 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
Ok here's my first human ever. It's the only one I have left and I did it a few years ago.

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 07-05-2005 , 08:20 PM
your right, learning from the best is important. I watched the cgtalk site for months besides many other sites searching perfect modelers in order to learn something. but the only thing i learned was -> watching others work for months and learning nothing user added image

hope you did not missunderstand me. I just wanted to encourage you doing instead of searching. but it seems you're on the right way user added image

this is my attempt at the chick. I learned it on my own by doing.

Attached Thumbnails

# 12 08-05-2005 , 06:42 AM
19 year Veteran
You can learn quite a bit about human modeling by looking at someone's wire frame, as long as it's a low rez wire. Low rez wires can help you understand how they flesh out the body parts and add detail. I have many pics of low rez wire's that help me understand how it's done, and once you know how the modeling tools work, be it Polys, Nurbs or Subs, the modeling will get easier and easier. I will also agree that one nees an instructor to gide you trough trouble spots.

Thanks for the comment on my head model Falott, I still have alot to do on the head, as I am still fleshing it out, and adding detail along the way. I'm working on it once or twice a week when I have spare time.