Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-06-2005 , 09:04 PM

How to rig?

I just recently created this robot. Yes, I know, I did a really bad job on the placing of its legs and a bad job of the shaders, but I'm just making this so I can learn how to rig it. Anyone know how to do this?

Attached Thumbnails

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 2 08-06-2005 , 11:54 PM
Kk, I know it was a dumb question. It's probably been asked trillions of times.:headbang:

I was just recently messing around the joints and handles and stuff and I think I may know how to do it now. Hehe, gotta love IK handles user added image

# 3 08-06-2005 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
Hmm, well you seem very ambitous (dont think I spelled that right). I would maybe suggest the SM rigging tutorial, I am working on it, and it seems like alot of knowledge. Trust me, it would take you a very long time to learn rigging on your own, but I like how you are trying, user added image

# 4 09-06-2005 , 04:20 PM
Wow, I just realized how much this thing looks like the giant robot from The Incredibles. Don't sue me! I didn't know!

# 5 11-06-2005 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber
i would suggest keeping the legs straight, and then rig.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 6 13-06-2005 , 02:37 AM
Alienscience

Hmm, well you seem very ambitous (dont think I spelled that right). I would maybe suggest the SM rigging tutorial, I am working on it, and it seems like alot of knowledge. Trust me, it would take you a very long time to learn rigging on your own, but I like how you are trying,

Thanks alienscience user added image So far, I got him to walk and climb onto a cube, but it still looks stiff in its movements. I think I still need to use the tutorials. Now to buy some points, lol.