Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-08-2005 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber

WTF? Can't get rid of rogue geometry

Hi all. I'm having a slight issue that perhaps some of you have run into and figured out.

I have an object (canopy for a plane) and suddenly I have this rogue piece of geometry that will not delete no matter what I try.

I have tried deleting faces, edges and verts while it's in poly mode and sub-d modes. I cannot Separate or Extract it, but I can hide it and force it's Visibilty off, but it's bugging me as to why I cannot get it gone!

Any ideas?

Running Maya 7.0

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
:: Dr. Emmett Brown
# 2 20-08-2005 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
Pic didn't upload...sorry.

Attached Thumbnails

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
# 3 21-08-2005 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
Check hypergraph to see if it has its own shape node. select the object, then graph the input/output connection. If you can find a node that selects just that piece, delete that node.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 04-09-2005 , 09:01 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
or possibly a blind data node that can occur (subd history), again see hypergraph

Jay

# 5 05-09-2005 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
Thanks all. I was able to clear this through the Hypergraph.

Steve