Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-03-2007 , 11:53 PM

Problems with Middle mouse button

Hey, this is an odd kind of question, im not sure if anyone will beable to help me, but ill give it a try.

I recently got a Logitech MX Revolution mouse, and its working great with all the extra buttons, but because of the way the middle mouse button works (or doesnt work..) i cant seem to move the camera in all directions. Im not sure of the correct term, but its when you hold alt, and click and hold the middle mouse button/mouse wheel, then an icon with 4 arrows in each direction comes up, then moving the mouse moves the camera in x and y.

I wanted to know if anyone has the same mouse as i do, and how they overcame the problem, or if there is another button i can use instead, and if not, is it possible to make one?

Thanks, Joel

# 2 04-03-2007 , 05:25 AM
I would have thought it would be possible to re-configure the driver's settings for the mouse through control panel. However, personally I never install the specific driver for a mouse. I simply use the one which Windows picks. Granted, not all of the side buttons work, so I can't go back and forward on web pages, however it does guarantee that all applications will work with it.

Regards,
IOSC033
# 3 04-03-2007 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
i have a logitec mx1000
i had a similar prob
to solve this i unistalled the drivers for this mouse and now it works with maya

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973