Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-04-2009 , 10:35 AM

Animation project for school

The assignment was to make a 30 second animation by a character that either jumps over something, mails a letter or interacts with a ball. I choose to make a teddybear that tries to jump over a obstacle.

Critique is always wanted, I wont work anymore with the movie as it is handed in but it's always fun to know what I did wrong. user added image

And hi to all in the SimplyaMaya's forum, I have been inactive for a while, I will try to get back to. It's a nice source for information. user added image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C__P...e=channel_page

# 2 02-04-2009 , 01:49 AM
EduSciVis-er
Haha... not bad. user added image

**SPOILER**
As for critiques, the animation was very well done for the most part (from an inexperienced eye), but it did seem a bit odd how the head just popped off. I suppose tearing would be quite a bit harder though...and the vertical walking seemed a bit "gravityless". Great job altogether!
**END OF SPOILER**

# 3 02-04-2009 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
i thought it was clever

i haven't had the patience to finish an animation off yet but i too think the run is off... i think at some point(s) the bear starts sliding along the ground and it makes it seem like it wasn't actually on the ground and was just floating above it

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 02-04-2009 , 03:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. user added image

Yeah I had some troubles with the walkcycle especialy with the part when the foot slides on the ground, I hope I managed to get rid of it mostly tho. user added image

I guess I should've given the bear more angle so that it looks like he might fall off when doing the vertical walking.

And tearing of a head might be to much trouble. But adding a tearing of cloth sound might've been nice to give the illusion. user added image