Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 11-02-2003 , 06:50 PM
Hey guys, just to let you know, the reason why I am making this is for an intro to my demoreel. Then, I am also going to have another short clip with the furby to end my demo reel when the credits are up, and he is going to realise that he has no skin, and he is going to freak out. that sound ok? It is Going to ad almost another additional min. to my demo reel, so I guess that is a good thing. Hopefully my demo will be done n a 2-3 weeks. I think it will be about 3-5 min long. THanks,
Brian

BTW for those of you who has scene my previous work here witch is going to be on my demo reel, in your opinion, do you think its going to be an ok demoreel, or average. Trying to get it to stand out a bit. If not, do you have any sugestions?? Thanks.

Please check
My (old) website!
# 17 11-02-2003 , 10:14 PM
Well. sad news. Say good by to my (real) furby. Have to Take off his face and ears inorder to put mine on to make it easier to composite user added image However, Believe it or not, I am thinking about just making an entire CG Furby. Not sure... Well Here is an update anyways. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 18 11-02-2003 , 10:49 PM
here is an update.

Please check
My (old) website!
# 19 12-02-2003 , 08:01 PM
Here is an update on the back, still tons to do, haven't decided if i want to finnish or not yet. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 20 12-02-2003 , 10:05 PM
Cute user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 21 12-02-2003 , 10:17 PM
thanks. user added image Can't wait till I am done modeling.... Way to much stuff... Ne ways, here is an update, and a wire frame. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 22 13-02-2003 , 10:02 PM
Here is an update, just the model. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 23 13-02-2003 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
He is cool! I love all you work
are we modeling him for any reason or just for fun?:p

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 24 13-02-2003 , 10:09 PM
Thanks!! earlier on this thread I posted a avi, well actuall its for quick time, its a lip sync animation that i am going to use him for, He is going to be composited onto my computer desk at home, moving around, and then he is going to say that. It is going to be the intro on my demo reel. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 25 14-02-2003 , 12:41 AM
Some demo reel you're putting together, huh? user added image
Have you set up a deadline? user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 26 14-02-2003 , 01:49 AM
March the seventh. user added image But hopefully b4 the last week of the month. I don't know we'll see. alot of it has to do with how long it is going to take to render. for instance, the furby scene has over 200,xxx faces, and it takes almost 6 min a frame to render, with about 1200 frames, thats almost 2 weeks. user added image hopefully I can get it down, or only use bits and pieces of it so that it won't take that long to render. Keeping in mind that is rendering on a machine that is dual 2.2 with 1.5 gb ram.

Kev, you have seen most of my stuff that I am going to have on there, How do you think it is turnning out???? You can be critical. This is my first demo reel. THanks alot,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 27 14-02-2003 , 01:57 AM
Well, I'm not Kev but I've seen most of your stuff too and I think you really have some talent! Two thumbs up! user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 28 14-02-2003 , 02:00 AM
Subscriber
i say take the pain and fill out the whole two weeks,,, if its for your demo reel, do it!!!!!... i say render a few frames at time, like 100 - 300 at a time and stitch em up using premier or something... i think thats more easier

# 29 14-02-2003 , 02:42 AM
Thaks alot for your info guys. sorry kbrown for the mistaken identity user added image user added image thanks for your advice though. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 30 14-02-2003 , 04:21 PM
Hey guys, decided since it allready takes forever to render, might as well go all the way, I wanted to make a furby controlled Lego Mindstorms Vheicle. As in, the IO's of the Furby are dirrectly connected to the IO's of the Mindstorm bot. user added image so here is a start of the Lego aspect of my creation. THanks,
Brian
BTW Modeled in Maya. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!