Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 21-03-2003 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
No the little post it notes on the keys them selfs. To help me remmy the hotkeys I assigned.

Well one might be cool will think about it. but you think maybe just 2 would do. I want her to be able to balince and be more dynamic on her feet is why I went for more than one. I didn't want to do 5 becouse I have always felt 5 was over kill even on us !! LOL

er maybe I will totaly redo the feet.. hummm..

# 47 21-03-2003 , 09:46 AM
LOL! user added image
Two actually would be perfect!!! Not too many more than one giving more balance and looks less freaky than three! user added image Humanoid wise that is! post a pic when you try two so I can see! Keep it up!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 48 21-03-2003 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
Will update no prob. working on the head now though.

# 49 21-03-2003 , 04:07 PM
Hi pony, WOW!!!!! I like your model very much, its highly detail.user added image How did you it with nurbs coz I've been trying to model a seamless character but I'm having a hard time. Any trick that you can tell me or ideas?user added image

# 50 22-03-2003 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber
Vijay if all gose well I will sorta do a little step buy step of the head I am doing. Someone else has asked also posibly so... if it works out good for me.

But a short tesser..

my tech has changed since I started but this is the gen. idea.

I make curves based on my image pains. (ei, of my ortho drawings)

I arainge the CV's of the curves so there in the right place. Like if I did the inside of the thigh on this model I would draw the curves on the front ortho. Thin I would put the line in to CV's. and move the line in the side view untill it was in the right place for the inside thigh.

I repeated the proses 3 more times. for the hole thigh.
to make a ruff shap.

I rebild the lines. ( need to learn moreabout it)

thin I loft it right in to polys. using uniform, and also I control how many polys it creats.

this gives me a real ruff rep. of it.

I sculpt the polys till I have it close to right.

Get rid of any edges on the polys that are not needed.

Convert to subD's

from there I convert back and forth from subD's to polys. to work with it how I need to for tweeking.

it toke me a little to figer out how to convert back and forth from polys to subD's and back with out increasing the poly count.
When you convert from subD's to polys you need to set it for verteci. this gives a 1 to 1 converstion.

it seems like a lot but its much faster for me like this.
sculpting on subD's in poly proxy is way to slow for me.

That help ?

any of you guru's out there please feal free to coment.

# 51 22-03-2003 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
oh you said something about seamless. Well the torso had seams. I used the above tech, of lofting the curves. I did the rounder part of the lower torso first. just above the leg holes. Only the left side of it. loft in to polys. thin I did the same for the midle lower part. from the belly to the back. Thin I did that for the rimbs ware the legs are going to be conected.

Thin with thoughs peaces in polys, I made them joined. Thin I merged the edges one buy one.. really faster than you might think. and also split some polys so the edges had same number of edges..

once that was done, thin I sculpted a little, converted to subD's, mirrored it. and atached it together. to make the two halfs, one.

Am I being clear enufe about it ?

# 52 22-03-2003 , 02:37 AM
Subscriber
I am sorry about the spelling and type O's I really should pay more attintion. But I get to thinking about the modeling and I don't think about typeing good. I end up doing things like Alt+Leftmouse drag to scrole EI hear.. and it dosn't work. I meen its not like the scrole bare isn't right there to the right !!!

# 53 22-03-2003 , 04:55 AM
Looks good mate. nice work flow... One little thing you suface looks a bit rough uneven.. might want to try and smooth it out in places.. Great work looking forward to seeing the finsh project.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 54 22-03-2003 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
Yes I will. A lot of the sufaces I need to rebild or am planing to add to a little. Put some subD creases in the right places for panels and such. So I have bean just getting the general shaps pritty good.

# 55 22-03-2003 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber

aaaahhhhhhhhhh

Well user added image the thing is its a low mesh subD now. the head.
still have some to do to it though. user added image

its 6am user added image

the lips really needs some work and the nose.. some...

anyway its what I was up to.

but I did it. user added image user added image

# 56 22-03-2003 , 07:18 PM
nice modelling dude.... Keep it up! :d

# 57 23-03-2003 , 03:10 AM
WOW! Nice job mate! I'm lookin forward to more!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 58 23-03-2003 , 03:26 AM
Subscriber
wow looks great

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 59 23-03-2003 , 05:33 AM
Wow! that's so great. I got your explanation. I'm gonna try it too if I can make it. user added image Thanks! user added image

# 60 23-03-2003 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber
Thanks guys! being hear and having feed back. and every one doing great work for the challenge has bean a lot of insparation !!

Vijay just let me know how it works for ya. I could have missed small details..