Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 22-05-2003 , 05:13 AM
Subscriber
Alright, i have been adding hair and playing with the tool for the past few days and got really bad results! Anyways, i think im going to go with just plainly cartoon now.. so heres the hair i plopped on him.. heheh. Anyways, it may be too much.. and so i may just go with a normal hairdew.. anyways, it looks goofy as the expressions are not exaggerated yet.. so its like a semi-realistic head, with non realistic hair user added image. I also spent 2 hours today working on a ear, sigh. Most of the hardest things though are done now.. and i should be able to get a body before the end of the month for sure user added image.

Attached Thumbnails

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 32 22-05-2003 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber
Cool... user added image

In the first picture the hair is great, but interfere with the ears (it passing through)
The second one is moor cartoonish (did you borrowed the hair from little Gocu??? or something, one of your preceding work?)

Ah, enyway bougth of them are nice, but I like most the first one even the second is more cartoonish user added image
Great job... user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 33 22-05-2003 , 06:12 AM
Subscriber
THanks el_newty user added image.. yea.. the second hair is from my goku model.. as i cant win, i just scrounged that up.. its the first thing i used from a previous project though, I think im going to try to do a new style altogether with a combo of transparency maps and textures user added image. Anyways... back to the drawing board..

# 34 22-05-2003 , 07:16 AM
cool...dragonball hair user added image

# 35 22-05-2003 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
I like the second one (perhaps with a few more spikes?). I love the way his eyes are looking up there as if to say what the hell is on my head!

# 36 23-05-2003 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
Hey witchy, i added a couple more and i liked it user added image.. i probably would of added a lot more, but the geometry was hard to work with. ANyways, i have been playing around with proportions.. and this is what i have so far.. i think i may go for a different approach though, as its nothing like me.. heheheh. Anyways, i thought it looked funny. C&C welcome. BTW, thanks for the comments user added image.

DOH, i didnt smooth the head in that one, and i shut maya already for the night user added image. Anyways.. next render will be smoothed.

Attached Thumbnails

# 37 23-05-2003 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber
Excellent! You should stand him next to Mike's Generator Boy as he looks like he's stuffed his finger in the outlet socket after it has pulled off the super hero!

I really like the hair like that it matches the startled expression. Be great to put him in a scene where something scary had happened (like a PC crash before saving in Maya!).

Even if it doesn't look like you it is funny though. Nice.

# 38 24-05-2003 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
Hahahhaa, man.. i think its looks funny too user added image... i tried to grasp that in a way.. i just took it along with the flow though.. saying.. hmm.. should i do this.. or that. It doesnt really look like a cartoon though atm.. so i am going to have to start rounding stuff off.. taking OFF definition.. lol, like the ear for example, and the sharp edges on the face user added image.

# 39 28-05-2003 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
Sorry, i should be getting a lot done in the next few days.. i still do plan to finish. Anyways, i have just been learning about noise reduction for audio and such. I will be right back on track as of today.

# 40 28-05-2003 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
Alright, i have now added eyebrows, touched up a few features.. and added the inside of the mouth. Now its time to venture into an area i have NEVER done before.. a human t-shirt.. lol. I may just do something goofy with this one.. and model a real body for the head that looks more like me user added image.. after this challenge. But because its cartoon you.. i will stick to that cartoon aspect.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by M; 29-05-2003 at 12:01 AM.
# 41 29-05-2003 , 01:17 AM
Subscriber
Perfect electrical shock!