Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-04-2016 , 02:13 PM

Maya muscles

Hello !

I'm creating a dog model in order to be able to animate it like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YncZtLaZ6kQ (first the skeleton then the muscle and finally the entire dog). So I modeled the skeleton and the body (the skin), I've create a rig I skinned the skeleton and now I want to make the muscles.
I've already tried some test with Mayamuscles by following some tutorials and it seemed to work fine. But now that I want to do the same on my dog of course it's not working at all.

I want to attach the muscles to my skeleton mesh (seems more appropriate to have something realistic, if there is another way I would be glad to know it). So I started to make the quadriceps, attach them to the Pelvis and the Tibia/Fibula but when I'm moving the leg the muscle doesn't follow the leg at all (I've already tried when the skeleton wasn't skinned and it worked well) ...I think it's could be because the mesh is skinned I don't know that's why I'm here.

So if you have a solution or another way to do it I'll be very grateful !

Thank you !

# 2 28-04-2016 , 03:49 PM
Well I've decided to do it another way. I want t turn my joints into capsule (to attach the muscles) but when I do it the capsule is far too big and I can't decrease the radius. (My joints display is at 1 so I don't think it's that)...

I really need a solution, the capsule joints are very usefull for muscles !

Thanks a lot !