Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-12-2006 , 10:37 AM

Basic Human Form

I used the tutorial here on SimplyMaya. I stopped around part 3 because I got uninterested in all the detail I really dont know why but I was getting stuck and what freaks me out is that when I follow a tutorial that does a lot of detail, I dont do that. I keep thinking that no one will see it so dont even bother. But anyways I didn't even care to link the hands together or anything :headbang: By the way, Ive been doing maya for 3 days now so It's not one of the best you will see.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-12-2006 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
nice start and for 3 days well done.

My early stuff was sooooooo bad you will never see it as i binned alot of it.

so don`t threat it

keep it up, you soon master maya.

(but are you in the right thread as this looks like a w.i.p to me)

Last edited by tweetytunes; 05-12-2006 at 05:28 PM.
# 3 05-12-2006 , 04:07 PM
Hey man, keep it up.

Doing the detail of a model is a pain when you start off, but its the detail that gives the model its realisticness (not too sure thats a word!) You'll get there if you stick with it as your basic shapes will come a lot faster giving you time to work on the details.

Try leaving this model for a bit and then coming back to it when you get a bit more into maya and know the toolsets better off.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 05-12-2006 , 08:49 PM
Hey guys thanks so much. I guess I will do that because detailing is intermediate work and I don't understand the big guy stuff yet.
I guess it is a WIP but I'm not working on it anymore. If anything I'll start a new one when I understand the toolsets better like what gster123 said.