Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-01-2007 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber

Easiest?

what is in you opinion the least difficult SM tut?
I've been have some issues with others and need ur advice.

Cannibalism is just a friendly form of population control.
# 2 12-01-2007 , 11:40 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well what ones do you have trouble with? Remeber not everyone does the same.

Cheers
Jay

# 3 13-01-2007 , 09:50 AM
Subscriber
I guess i'm asking more for an opinion I'm looking for a VERY easy modeling tut my models look fine until I go to polygons and thats where the problem kurts models are "correct" looking mine and very jagged and goes in directions it shouldn't so simpler is better...

# 4 13-01-2007 , 07:58 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Sure I understand, perhaps the best thing to do is watch a couple of times and then proceed onto your model, just so you have a clearer idea of what you need to do, dont rush through it either.

Cheers
Jay

# 5 14-01-2007 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
Couldn't hurt you just put a lot of work into these tuts and it ends up null and void. A little discouraging but slowly but surely I'm learning...

# 6 17-01-2007 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber
Its all part of a learning curve mate. Don't give up. Don't think of it as failure or a waste. You learn more through failure than you do through success. Keep saving your work, and try not to just 'save', try to save in increments so you can go back and try things again or a different way.

Good luck.

PS. The poly dog tutorial was amazing for me. I watched every section twice before even attempting anything, and because of that it all made a little more sense as i was doing it.