Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-03-2007 , 03:13 PM

Batch render, ghost frames

When i batch render a Avi film i get a gost effect of frames following as it plays. I have no idea what is going on here, has anyone else got any idea.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Ben

Please see example of what it looks like when i play it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-03-2007 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, simple.

Stop watching it in Media 'Player'.

Get the free version of Quicktime and all that crap will dissapear. It's just the way Maya encodes AVIs - nothing to do with the way it renders them.

But if you really wanna keep using that player, just re-encode the flie before viewing - though that'd be the undesireable option since the vid would have been compressed twice then.

Best method is to output single frames from batch render then stick them together with whatever software takes your fancy.

EDIT: Just make sure you use a lossless compression format for the single frames though - jpg just aint going to cut it. TGAs are a good option, btw.

-S

# 3 04-03-2007 , 07:29 PM
Ok nice one, ill just get quick time then, and if i need to change the format ill use adobe premier. Right college work continues user added image.

Ben

Quick edit tho, when i render a avi on my laptop it plays fine i dont get that problem at all. Though my laptop is on vista and my main computer is xp?>

Last edited by boltneck; 04-03-2007 at 07:31 PM.
# 4 04-03-2007 , 07:31 PM
Senior Software Developer
Top Tip never render avi files form Maya directly. They are awful. Instead render out frames of jpgs, tifs or tga files then use a app to create the movie.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)