Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 46 25-12-2002 , 03:55 PM
Subscriber
in Malayalam(one of the indian languages)... maya means clay
and it is pretty much clay.... you can make whatever you want with it!!

# 47 25-12-2002 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
Was always into fotography, but but discovered 3D a year ago, you know, first Blender (it was free!!). And now..., it's even worse than cigarettes, when youre hooked, youre hooked on good !!!

Chris.

# 48 26-12-2002 , 07:30 AM
Hey speaking of clay and Maya I subscribe to Computer Graphics world mag. and last year they had an artical about a guy who used maya to sculpt his sculptures then use them as reference to make the real thing! Funny cause we all do concept sketches then use that to make our final! He used our final work for his concept work! Isn't art great?!?! L8 M8s!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 49 27-12-2002 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber
well, I first discovered 3D when I was 12. Our school had a copy of Bryce 3D. I loved it so much that I saved up and bought Bryce 4.0. I made all of my first 3D pics and anims in that (even though it is mainly for making landscape background pictures). I became very interested with 3D. Whenever I had a school assignment that I could possibly present the report using 3D, I did so. I was given an old copy of 3dsMAX which I had a bit of a fiddle around with but never really grew to love. When I was 14, for school work experience I worked in the 3D section at a place where they produced ads and special effects and stuff. The guys there were great and taught me a few more things in 3D. They were pretty surprised by how much i knew for my age. I was first introduced to Maya there and, well... I fell into the alluring 'REAL' world of 3D... with no ambition to ever leave it.

Along the way movies like Final Fantasy and Shrek have kept me drooling over 3D.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 50 27-12-2002 , 06:42 AM
Subscriber
oh, I also met and became friends with a guy who did some work on Star Wars episodes: 1 & 2, who gave me some advice.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 51 29-12-2002 , 05:09 PM
Toy Story

# 52 30-12-2002 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
in some other language too it means clay..... i guess thats is the real meaning of maya... and btw, i was into 3d when i was 12,,, 14 right now

# 53 30-12-2002 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
Craig Daughtry inspired me..that man is a finley tuned Maya machine!! A legend.

# 54 30-12-2002 , 09:27 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by mdn303
Craig Daughtry inspired me..that man is a finley tuned Maya machine!! A legend.

no sh*t dude? he is one of my most bestest mate and a fantastic guy who has done so much for me! - how do you know craig... and yep I agree, I have seen some of his AVIS... they blow me away!

Oh and btw.. just so you know: he is one of our Movie guys who does the tutorials in the VIP area user added image

dam I love that guy!

# 55 30-12-2002 , 09:35 PM
Subscriber
I watched all his tutorials and was mesmorised by his workflow..he knows his stuff pretty well!!!! His videos are great!! Scowered the net for his stuff...u got any sites where I can see some avis?

Yours are good too!! Can't wait for more of them ;-)

Keep up the hard work I for one appreciate good content and will continue to support you guys!
Happy New Year from Ireland!!
Cheers!!

# 56 30-12-2002 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
It all started when I was introduced to the Nintendo 64 back in 96' I believe. I loved playing video games and found that I was a natural at it. Some things in the games I played seemed imperfect, though. I always had an idea in my head on how improvement could be made. Not long after, I began designing my own levels in Microsoft Paint. I dreamed about becoming a game designer. Back in the day, Goldeneye was the game everyone played. RARE is the company who created it as well as several other groundbreaking games that I love. I went to their website and stumbled upon their recruitment section. For designers and 3D artists it specified that you must have experience in a 3D program - preferably Maya. "MAYA" I said to myself as I began to search the web for the program. Unfortuanatly, I had just gotten the internet and didn't know where to look for such a website. My search skills were not very good at the time. One day, I was watching Tech TV and saw a comercial for Maya. (the one where the scientist's eyes pop out) Anyway, $1999 was the price. I rushed to the internet and quickly bought the program.

Movies, games, animations, still images of 3D work, and knowing that I finally have a limitless way to express myself has inspired me to keep at it since then.

# 57 30-12-2002 , 09:48 PM
Kevin
sorry about that mdn... I didnt know you was already a subscriber user added image

Just because these where your first posts I guess....

Well you will be glad to know craig Is gonna take that monster head all the way! plus he is going to do some other stuff for the site to!

hopefully he may call in here and let you know what he may have planed

but yep he does some awesome stuff! I will ask him about some of his AVIS as Im not sure if they where work that he couldnt share as of yet...but Im sure he has something

any way....many thanks for your support and merry xmas to you to user added image

# 58 07-01-2003 , 09:31 PM
Babylon 5 was what did it for me, I love all the ships and the station. I decided that I was going to do that sort of thing and finally got it together to start learning.

Ryan

# 59 07-01-2003 , 10:54 PM
I've always wanted to be an animator, since the age of 5 or 6 and Toy Story was when i decided on 3D

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 60 07-01-2003 , 11:55 PM
Subscriber
about 10 years ago.... Amiga 500 and Sculpt 4D....

Konstantinos , Greece

You know, there are at least two ways of getting things done... Your way and the right way...

Last edited by Konstantinos; 08-01-2003 at 12:09 AM.