Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-12-2008 , 09:21 PM

what to do what to do!!!

I was wondering what those of you that got animation degrees or design degrees did for college, im mostly interested in the gaming field but i can't find a properly accredited school for gaming OR for animation.

I have about 3 weeks to send out applications and i have sent nothing out.DOH

Last edited by trwilliams; 12-12-2008 at 09:50 PM.
# 2 12-12-2008 , 09:55 PM
The Nurb Herd
where do you live?

# 3 13-12-2008 , 05:23 AM
I live in texas but honestly ill go anywhere to get a degree I have moved alot in my life so relocating is no big deal.

so far i have found full sail university and digipen IT.

I can't find any major schools with degrees in game design and animation. I have done what most of these degrees offer at both schools just not in depth. I learned drawing on paper sorta i began sketching and learning figure drawing. I have looked at doing storyboards and started one. I am working on a project to bring everything together once i learn it all. I am modeling and going into rigging (just got fbiks down) and then i will go into physics calculations in maya and object deformers and then texturing and lighting and THEN I am going to publish a video and add sound effects and final editing and voice acting all in after effects/premier. I have never done much in arts so I am doin this one big project as a sort of display of skill and using it as my entire art portfolio so i am making it nice.

# 4 13-12-2008 , 11:11 AM
if i where in USA and had to pick a uni i would go cal arts for animation / art, and probs vfs for techie stuff.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 13-12-2008 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
Vancouver Film School? Art Academy? Art Institute? Those are ones I hear of all the time, look into them if you haven't already.