Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 10-01-2010 , 06:46 PM
I have been trying to find a solution to this problem myself and I think I have found one.

The problem is 10.5.7 and above. Maya would crash in about 3 minutes for me, totally locking the mac as well - resulting in me doing a hard reset, which I am not a fan of.

After troubleshooting like crazy the solution is thus: down-grade. The video card drivers are not working in the systems 10.5.7, 10.5.8 and this creates a crazy Open GL conflict that bugs Maya out.

I downgraded and Maya 2009 is running smoothly. There is a lot of discussion (and a fair bit of anger) on the Apple Discussion boards as well about this very subject and it's not limited solely to Maya either. Hope this helps.

# 17 10-01-2010 , 07:10 PM
I finally made the effort to purchase the ATI Radeon HD 4870.

So far, it has totally eliminated the crashes and Maya runs quite smoothly, even though the card is not officially supported by Apple on the 1,1 Mac Pros.

Thanks again for the help everyone! I can finally do work for my internship without having to worry about Maya crashing!

My specs:

Mac Pro 1,1 - Mac OS X 10.5.8
5 GB DDR2 RAM
2 x 2.67 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
ATI Radeon HD 4870
# 18 12-01-2010 , 05:13 AM
t