Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-04-2011 , 02:45 AM

Maya Option Boxes Broken

Hi! Quick question. Im using Maya 2011, Student Version on OSX 10.6, and suddenly, after hours of working, for months, I can no longer select the square option box next to any menu items. I've renamed my ~/Documents/maya folder to maya_old, trying to force the creation of new preferences, and have tried creating multiple new scenes, and cannot even create a polygon cube with options. I was merely trying to extrude a face along a CV curve, and 2 OS restarts later, I'm going nuts!

Thanks!

# 2 11-04-2011 , 03:58 AM
EduSciVis-er
Hmmm, sounds strange. If deleting your prefs and restarting the comp doesn't work, you may have to try uninstalling and re-installing maya. Worth a shot as a last resort.

# 3 11-04-2011 , 02:08 PM
Well, I just got to school and tried working with my scene on their Win7 / Maya2011 comps, and it works fine. I really don't want to reinstall, but this is so weird.

# 4 11-04-2011 , 03:08 PM
Could it be something with the GFX drivers on your mac?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 11-04-2011 , 03:36 PM
I'm not sure, how would I go about checking that? It has worked perfectly since January, and 2 hours yesterday before it died. I have not updated any drivers / software in the past month easily. I've also turned on the command and help line, and get no errors or alerts from either, when choosing a square options box, although it does flash the 'thinking' icon, the little watch, leading me to believe it is trying to do /something/.

If there are any tests that anyone can think of, I'd greatly appreciate it!

# 6 12-04-2011 , 06:50 AM
Hmm,

Not too sure on a mac, I know that sometimes on a PC things like this can happen and it is due to the GFX drivers? You dont get auto updates do you that could have done something?

Maybe there's some one with more knowledge of the mac system that can help you out?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle