Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-01-2004 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber

Back in the saddle, again

Well, after many months in 3dsmax I have decided to start concentrating my energies on learning Maya again.

I first dabbled in Maya in v4.5 several months ago. After winning a copy of 3dsmax, I decided to dive in and see what I could do. While 3dsmax is a quite capable program I've rediscovered Maya after opening Maya 5 PLE and watching a few video tutorials.

:bgreen:

To my delight - and a previous misunderstanding of texture mapping in Maya - I came to realize how much more user-friendly Maya is compared to my initial experience. Which was based on what "seemed" to be an intimidating interface in Hypershade.

After playing with Maya 5 the past three days, and watching some excellent video tutorials, I realized it's time to give Maya another go. Now, the trick is to come up with $2,000 to get the full licensed version. In the meantime I will be content with learning it through the PLE. With one complaint, that bloody watermark makes renders almost impossible to analyze. But, oh well. The effort will be worth it, I believe, until I can get the full version.

# 2 09-01-2004 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
welcom back.