Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-08-2006 , 12:25 PM

THAT GOD DAMNED WATERMARK!!!

Does anyone out there who has Maya Personal learning edition know how to get rid of that bloody watermark (excuse my language)...:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

PLEASE ANSWER!!!!
Thank you

# 2 03-08-2006 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber
That's exactly what its there for.

One way to get rid of it is buy maya . . well that's the way I did it.

# 3 03-08-2006 , 01:02 PM
You cant. its there to stop you from using it commerically.

When I was using hte PLE I got used to it it took a while but I eventually saw through it!

I was also grateful to Alias that they gave me a free version (rarther than paying £1800 for something I might not have been cut out to use)

# 4 03-08-2006 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
if you want no watermark you have to pay.

the good news is, there's a student version available for about $400 (currently also includes free upgrade to Maya 8).
As far as i know, the student license is exactly the same as the production license that you buy for ~6000. But you cannot use the student license for commercial work, unless you want to pay a massive fine.
The student version has the functionality of Maya Unlimited.

You can find it at https://www.studica.com/alias

# 5 03-08-2006 , 09:46 PM
Aye, watermarks blow, don't they...?

The only thing that bothers me about it is that when I tried importing a file as a texture to be used on a model of mine, that blasted watermark "projected" itself onto my texture...as if the thing being there when I rendered something, that acursed watermark has to make itself present on my model too! Gah...>.<

But that was back when I was using the PLE; now I have a complete version ^.^