Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-08-2006 , 10:16 PM

Just wanted to say hello to the community!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the community and, as you may have guess, to Maya. Actually the only other program I've used that is even close to 3d modelling is Qoole Map editor for quake. :p

anyhow, i'm eager to learn and ultra ambitious, so you'll be seeing me all over here asking the most annoying questions and if luck has it maybe some good questions too. all advice and help will be met w/ solid :bow: and jedi-like thankfulness.

may the force be with you all!

# 2 02-08-2006 , 12:39 AM
ooh,
we always like enthusiasm user added image

welcome to the SM community!
i hope you become a regular poster!
oh, and good luck in Maya!:attn: :attn: :attn: :attn:
-andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 02-08-2006 , 01:28 AM
hey, and welcome to Simply Maya. Maya indeed is one of the hardest tools on the computer to learn, but practice makes perfect user added image

At the beginning it might be REALLY awquard, but as you get used to the feel of maya, it can become an extension of your body user added image, well maybe not that, but it is a very powerful tool.

Everyone here at simply maya will be willing to help you, and know that NO qusetion is a stupid question. We all start somewhere, eh???

Cheers.
-Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 02-08-2006 , 03:39 AM

Originally posted by MattTheMan
Maya can become an extension of your body user added image, well maybe not that, but it is a very powerful tool.

umm, idk, it is an extension of my bodyuser added image user added image
thats a good thing though! ^_^'

-Andy:attn:

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 02-08-2006 , 08:21 AM
Subscriber
3 cheers for your welcome. user added image
i do hope you'll post daily.

and remember were all here to help ppl.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 6 02-08-2006 , 06:41 PM
ello, kinda new too user added image hehe

<:-)
# 7 03-08-2006 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
Welcome aboard, shipmate! Actually, maya can easily become an extension of one's very existence (especially if you use it every waking hour)! Anyway, one idea you may want to consider before asking a question is to do a search (using keywords, eg "water" "particles" "tutorial" &c). I have found that the answer to my problem is already here somewhere! it may save you time & grief! Of course if your problem isn't archived and you solve it on your own (which I've also done), don't forget to post the results here as well! You may save someone else time & grief! :-)

Have fun and hope to hear from you often!

"Ad astra per aspera..."