Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-09-2007 , 06:30 PM

NTDLR Is Missing?

Sup people. I haven't been able to post anything beccause my pc wouldn't startup at all. It kept giving me this error message that I'd never seen before: NTDLR is missing. The pc would not do anything afterwards. It wouldn't accept any cds- even the xp startup cd. Anyone know how to fix this??:headbang:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 24-09-2007 , 06:54 PM
Lifetime Member

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 24-09-2007 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
You can try this.
Boot from a floppydisk (DOS), make sure that fdisk.exe is on the floppydisk. Then at the command prompt type the following: fdisk /mbr
This restores the master bootrecord. If you need to make a DOS disk look at www.bootdisk.com

Hope it helps you out.

# 4 26-09-2007 , 02:22 PM
Thanks guys. I ended up digging out the old "box-o-floppies" and made some boot diskettes. I think someone has been shutting down my computer improperly and it corrupted a file in there. Even though my pc is working now, I found that there were some viruses in there that weren't making life easier. So then I did a hijack this thing on it and got rid of those and then I reformatted my pc. And then there were still viruses on it cause I forgot to write-protect the diskette and then I had to do it all again...:headbang: But everything seemed to work out fine, and I was almost done - until my entire block had a power outage...user added image

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 5 29-09-2007 , 04:09 AM
Subscriber
That must of sucked having a power outage while doing that ...

Ived had my fare-share of them "NTDLR missing". The way i fix it is, remove my side case and disconnect then reconnect all the cables again. Most of the time that works but if it dosnt i just repeat that method for about 5times+ and eventually it works... user added image lol

# 6 29-09-2007 , 10:57 AM
Wish I would've done that lol.

# 7 30-09-2007 , 12:25 AM
Subscriber
Lol yeah... oh and if you do try this method later on in the future, i mean only the cables(IDE i think) for the hard drives not every single one in your computer user added image