Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-04-2003 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber

UV-Mapping..???

I've been modeling misc stuff for a while, but never really got into texturing. Just using fractal noise and stuff, but when I was looking at the contest forums, I saw this low-poly dude, who had a fancy texture consisting of numbers and colours.

I've been looking into the matter in misc PDF's but I can't figure out hwat he is doing.

While browsing the forum, I've seen people referring to this texturing tutorial by mtmckinley, but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas?

-DX-
# 2 16-04-2003 , 08:05 PM

# 3 17-04-2003 , 10:31 PM
Subscriber

Splitting the mesh

Now I've been looking at tutorials, reading manuals and all sorts of stuff, but what I can't figure out is how to split the mesh into smaller fragments in the UV Texture editor.

Right now my mesh is a messuser added image with lines going all over the place, crossing and intersecting and i'm starting to get pissed (and it's late)....user added image

-DX-
# 4 17-04-2003 , 11:35 PM
let's say for the head... you can apply a cylinderal mapping on the front, sides and back of the head...leaving the top head and below the chin polygons.... then u can apply a planer mapping on the top of the head... and a planer on the bottom part... and in uv texture editor...you can move the UVs closer...and sew them
i had found this excellent tutorial on the net on unwrapping...lemme see if i could post the link and i m sure it will help ya out...

# 5 17-04-2003 , 11:36 PM
ok i got it.....
here is a veryyy good tutorial on Unwrapping....
www.kniffen.ca
go to tutorials and its the first tutorial there....
ciao.