View Poll Results: Who should win this battle?
brian_ellebracht 10 83.33%
adldesigner 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 30-04-2003 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber
Disect a flower!! Sounds gorey! :O, put it to sleep first.. please user added image. Heheh. I really admire how you get deep into your work brian.. hopefully one day i will be good enough to be able to do things like figure out exactly how somethign works to make my models better... atm if i did that its not going to help much.. at your level it could make that little difference that means a lot. Ok, cya around.. hope you finish this one, heheh.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 32 30-04-2003 , 05:18 AM
well, went to the store, spent 7 bucks and change on some flowers, they are a little different than the ones that I originally posted, but just as complicated, I will post an image when i find the camera (its to late to find it now. lol) THanks!!!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 33 30-04-2003 , 05:31 AM
Hey M, I think it really helps to take stuff apart for modeling, at least for me, If I can see something in real life, it is much easier to model, even more so than a photograph... so you hope i finnish this on time? lol, yeah i deserved that. sorry about the competition incident last month, but I WILL FINNISH THIS!! user added image user added image
(hopefully) lol.
night,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 34 30-04-2003 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber
ooh this ill be good user added image - nice start adls user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 35 30-04-2003 , 01:06 PM
Good to know you got the flowers Brian.user added image
You´re actually right about the modelling from a real object, it´s a far more intuitive approach than perhaps using references.
I´m actually using a biogeometry based one. (before presenting what I have I did spend a night just making it work on paper -calculator a good friend of mine-)

# 36 30-04-2003 , 01:08 PM
Lol, however ... I just got a call from a friend of mine to whom I spoke about the challenge, and he has cayenas in front of his house, so I´m going to pick up some too.
This´ll be interesting. user added image

# 37 30-04-2003 , 01:47 PM
cool. user added image GL

Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 38 30-04-2003 , 03:34 PM
I have been working on this really really hard recently, and I only have 1 pedal done, : ( well not even done but atleast off to a good start.... Please let me know what you think. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 39 30-04-2003 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
WOW, brian.. thats amazing! Hah, its got the texture of a flower, and those ripples.. looks amazing. One thing though, to me it looks really dry, im just trying to point out the one thing i see.. like, petals like that have a moistness to them and are bendy and everything.. if you could add somethign that makes it seem more like that feeling then that would be sweet.. one thing though is that now i am definately going to get what i am modelling (within possibilities) so that i can view it while i model! Keep it up, both of ya!.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 40 30-04-2003 , 04:54 PM
Love them bothy! Great battle so far guys!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 41 30-04-2003 , 06:39 PM
I tried to make it look more "alive". The texture is still not close to being finnished. I just got the base map done in photoshop (I will post an example in a few min) and I still need to ad the spec. I am also going to make each one a layered shader with translucance. I think that would help it out. well, these textures are taking forever!! The second one is different than the first, its kind of hard to tell right now. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 42 30-04-2003 , 06:43 PM
the original texture map for each leaf is 1024x768 and 600 DPI user added image I chose such a high resolution so you could zoom in quite a bit and still have alot of detail, here is an example smaller. THanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 43 30-04-2003 , 07:03 PM
NICE!!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 44 30-04-2003 , 08:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
very nice job! user added image

# 45 30-04-2003 , 11:40 PM
Hello, guys ...
-No update in this post, sorry about that-

I just feel quite awfull, I disconnected my computer and took it to a friend of mine´s cybercafé to see if we could upgrade it since he had some extra Geforce 2 cards (and RAM) he wanted to get rid of ... so I got what I thought to be a terrific offer (considering the fact that the dollar´s rate is wreaking havoc around here) .. and unfortunately ... I don´t have an AGP slot.
My machine had a PCI slot available, but it´s quite difficult to find those cards around here. So I´m stuck yet with my machine. I´ve just put it up for sale though, hope I get to sell her fast.

I´ll work tomorrow on the piece.
Btw: Great work Brian!user added image