Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 166 16-06-2003 , 07:30 PM
Vectorman that is crazy!! Don't think I could do it. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 167 16-06-2003 , 07:31 PM
Brain, can we get a top view, for a few reasons im thinking your missles wont launch. One, the fins in the back cant fit through the holes, and two, wouldn't they run into your front bumper? Rocket dont fly perfect, they need to have quite a bit of leway.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 168 16-06-2003 , 07:35 PM
Yeah, I know... user added image U r right! I am rendering right now, so I will post a pic soon, taking almost 1 hr to render on my machiene, but I am using MR and 1024x768, I hope it looks ok. But yes, I need to find a better way to Launch my rockets... I got the idea of comming out of the side from James Bond Die another day, the Green Jag durring the chase scene on the ice, had a panel open up and had missles launch out of it, that that it would look kinda neat if I did the same thing, but Still needs some work.. I will try to post an udate in a few min. Nice Catch on the missles guys,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 169 16-06-2003 , 07:38 PM
New idea, instead of Opening up and down, what if I had it open front to back with Hydrolics, that way they would be facing out at an angle, enough to avoid the fenders? Let me know what you think!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 170 16-06-2003 , 07:46 PM
sounds cool brian give it a go user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 171 16-06-2003 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
Depends when they go 'live', ie arm themselves, as normally you would want your launch unit perpendicular to the mechanics. You might try moving them outwards instead- that way they won't harm the paintwork or mechanism when fired; if they are fired at an angle you'd get the rear trace as they went rebounding on the machinery surface rather than having a clean blowback into air.

# 172 16-06-2003 , 09:00 PM
THanks witchy for pointing out such details... You have made a good point but I wonder... if i were to texture the residue, might look kind of cool. but I will probably just do what you sugested... or a compination of the two user added image thanks again!
Me

Please check
My (old) website!
# 173 16-06-2003 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
No problem, I am a terrible nerd for all that sort of stuff 8)

The residue would look cool but it could also cause some panel instability, not good if it is holding your missiles on LOL. Be a great texture though.

# 174 16-06-2003 , 09:13 PM
OK, here is my latest MR REnder test... Not final, and these are definetly not the final colors as well. Let me know what you think THanks! took 35 min to render at 1024x768 (with Raytracing), but i guess thats ok, considering there are almost 1 million faces.
Brian
BTW this is still in poly mode

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 16-06-2003 at 09:16 PM.
# 175 16-06-2003 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
Wow. With a big W.

Only minor point would the wheel supports/mechanism; conventionally those bits are protected by the track itself rather than sticking out so far, as they are fairly vulnerable to damage and rather vital.

That is some piece of modelling!

# 176 16-06-2003 , 09:29 PM
Got that idea kind of from the original, I also have a piece on the back, but I totally agree with you... Any sugestions? I still want to at some kind of support obviously, but I am not sure how to without hidding all the detail I have put into the wheels... Thanks for all of your opinions!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 177 16-06-2003 , 09:33 PM
I still think the turret on top looks good. Besides that gives it some more shooting angle. user added image
This is one of the works I´ve most enjoyed watching man!

# 178 16-06-2003 , 09:35 PM
I was thinking about mounting some kind of RPG's that can rotate 360 degrees on top Adldesigner... what do you think?

Please check
My (old) website!
# 179 16-06-2003 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber
You could add a track 'mask'- additional armour on the side of the track to protect the mechanism, not a plate like you see on MBTs but actually extending from the track itself. The Russians went through a phase of fitting those in the hope of deflecting projectiles fired specifically at tracks. Last series to have the experimentals was the T72 iirc. Then they worked out people were firing at the main body of the tank (not sure why that took a while) and went back to side screens. They look fairly funky, I will find a pic and scan it in if I can.

You could see how widening the track itself looks, or you could remake the support onto a central roller between the wheels with a branch to each one from it. That would conceal less of the wheel and give you viable integral running gear (although admittedly in a WW2 sort of way!). That would involve changing the axle arrangment though which would be a shame.

Widening the track might work best- perhaps having your wheels as the visible 'road wheels' as they are so nice and another set for the middle support which are basically hidden.

# 180 16-06-2003 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
Oh My God.

that is really awesome man.