Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-10-2003 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber

October Challenge - Scraggy - Newbie

Here we go! user added image

I MuSt pick the Screamy one because it made me laugh.
The other one I had to listen to a few times to make sure
my trousers weren't roaring.

So I'm in for as long as I can hack it...

Scraggy

# 2 01-10-2003 , 11:48 PM
The Maya Mountain
Looking forward to it!

# 3 04-10-2003 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber

Maya -----> Premi/AfterEffe Framerate

Hi,
Have just tried to get a 24FPS (Tif) animation into Premiere.
It went in OK, but when it played it was way to slow.
I'm totally new to Premiere and looked in the F1, But nothing similar?, and when I try the online help I get 'No Connection' Agghhhh!
So.....
When I open Premiere, what settings do I use? None of the ones at the beginning seem correct for the 24FPS in .tif format.
the Quicktime is 25FPS but it ain't 24 ... Just wondered if you could tell me quicker than It takes me to work it out. Most likely I think at this rate.

" A Scraggy snak to the first correct answer"!!! user added image

Are there any specific tut's on this site anyone could recommend for me doing this Challenge?... I just bought some points and am wondering how to work it.

Will definitely need rigging so will go get some now.

user added image Here's to a 'Snag-less' world......Not Scrag-less

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 04-10-2003 at 09:54 PM.
# 4 04-10-2003 , 09:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
I would think Premier or whatever would have a setting for playback speed.

I would imagine the rigging and the walk cycle vids would be a good place to start. user added image Thanks for supporting the site!

# 5 05-10-2003 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber
You need to go through the various output settings for setting frame rates in premier. You can also specify them when starting a new project.
Also if the playback is slow in the view window and you have loaded a tiff sequence, you will need to do a preview render to view it in real time. Just drag and drop the sequence into the timeline then press enter.
Hope that helps user added image

# 6 05-10-2003 , 01:47 PM
Subscriber

Speed problems

Thanks for the help user added image

I'm sort of guessing what i'm doing here, but in Premiere at the start I picked:-
'Multimedia Video for windows' I noticed this was 15fps so I then clicked 'Custom' button and set it as follows...
Under the "General" tab - 'Video for windows' and I put both 'Timecode' and 'Time Display' to 24fps
Under 'Video' I got the DivX 5.05 and set that one to 24 fps as well.
I left all other settings as they were (Rendering and keyframe/sound etc) As there is no sound. And saved as "ScraggysDivX" user added image Started new project and selected that setting.

I went to Import File - Shift Clicked 1st and last images and brought them in. then I drag/drop image from 'project' window to 'monitor' pressed play and sdaved, then played user added image It was even slower... user added image

I will keep playing around, it's pity the Help isn't much help.

Regards Scraggy

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 05-10-2003 at 02:27 PM.
# 7 07-10-2003 , 01:40 PM
Subscriber
Thought that I had better make a start, so yesterday I started modelling the hallway outside my room to use as a scene for my animation.
I don't want to keep getting stuck for idea's like last month, so am trying to include 'real' stuff I can see. (Mostly anyway user added image )
Sorry the picture is a bit naff, as you can see I was playing with GI_Joe at the time and must have moved the camera position slightly without realizing.
I need to learn about camera movements now because (Although you can't see them yet) I wish to create the effect of someone walking upstairs and have their eyes as the camera if you get my meaning.
Will post a better picture as soon as I finish the stairs etc.

Btw- I want to create the stairs next..
But unsure whether to try Nurbs or Poly's because of the rounding of the carpet over the corners?.. I'm a bit unsure how to best model them? Any ideas?

Regards Scraggy

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 07-10-2003 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
OK I have another problem, besides how to round the stair steps......

I have tried a few different ways of connecting these skirt- boards together to get a decent join, but am Stumped! they are lofted CV's ....

Would be grateful of help on both/any of questions

Ta Scraggy user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 07-10-2003 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
To connect the skirting boards you could snap the verts (hold the v key while moving the vertex) then merge the vertices.

For rounding you could try the bevel tool and play with the settings untill you get the desired effect.

Hope that helps a little

Chris

# 10 07-10-2003 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
Thanks..... user added image

Scraggy

# 11 08-10-2003 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
Wow, nice work!

# 12 08-10-2003 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
Cheers for the comments and help, I think maybe I had picked something a bit too hard trying to connect those skirt boards.
Thanks Chris, it nearly worked, but think I maybe need to know more about the settings etc before I manage to join them (The scale keeps going out when snapping)
Anyway It may not be noticeable so will come back to that if I get the time.

Here's an update, looking both way's from top hallway.

Regards Scraggy

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 09-10-2003 , 03:30 PM
when you drag and drop all your individual images in Premier it has to put them in RAM or your HDD cache if you dont have enough RAM to hold them all. Instead of dropping them in the Monitor just pop them in the sequence and then export Movie.

Once its finished compiling the movie then you will see 24fps. user added image

# 14 09-10-2003 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
Thanks PureFire - I had given up on that to get some modelling done. Now you have helped me - I will return to Premiere and try it again. user added image

Here's an update.
Most of my "stage" for the animation is done, just need some props/texturing a character/rigging/animating oh yeah and a ceiling .... Hmm and work tomorrow... Oh well ....

Regards Scraggy

Lol - I just looked at my picure after posting, and realised there's a wall missing!
Those damn boolean's are thieving ****'s

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 09-10-2003 at 05:53 PM.
# 15 09-10-2003 , 06:27 PM
The Maya Mountain
Probably shouldnt do too much more modeling. It's getting to a point where rigging/animation really needs to get started if you want to finish. user added image