Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 76 06-04-2012 , 03:58 AM
Lifetime Member
this is looking bloody cool mate LOL...surfboard on the roof and she will be the perfect Aussie wave hunter LOL.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 77 06-04-2012 , 05:49 PM
Acid44
Looking great man, certainly have learned (maybe a better word would be improved. Not sure which user added image ) a lot in the process.

Attached Images
# 78 25-04-2012 , 07:21 AM
It's not much but here are some updates,

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

And decided on these round type tail lights.

user added image

user added image
user added image

Truth is I got bored with it and had to step away for a while, plus some paying work needed doing.

# 79 25-04-2012 , 08:15 AM
The thin red line
If you do this to make the corners sharper it will not add to much edge loops............dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 80 25-04-2012 , 11:23 AM
Thanks eagle eye, it was like that before and then I deleted the extra edges, I could go back and put them back to keep it all quads (just between you and me no one will ever notice these things).user added image

# 81 25-04-2012 , 11:27 AM
Actually I think you mean the central division on the X and Y don't you. I could do that as well.

# 82 25-04-2012 , 11:39 AM
Head of 3d Admedia

Thanks eagle eye, it was like that before and then I deleted the extra edges, I could go back and put them back to keep it all quads (just between you and me no one will ever notice these things).

Mental ray might, you may get weird artifacts on your render

Last edited by murambi; 25-04-2012 at 11:52 AM.
# 83 25-04-2012 , 11:49 AM
The thin red line
Eagle eye LOL im as blind as a batuser added image..........this was rendered in mental ray..............dave

# 84 01-05-2012 , 06:16 PM
Managed to get more things done on this car, fixing up the door window frames, adding side door hinges and window wipers.

user added image
user added image

I've even put in some stuff underneath although I'm not sure if that's very productive.

user added image

I'm still in the process of fitting out the cabin interior...

user added image
user added image

There's plenty of things that need to go in here but I'm getting sick of modeling this thing. I really want to move onto lighting and texturing. I'm hoping to use 3Delight.

# 85 01-05-2012 , 10:55 PM
This is looking great, can't wait until you render it. user added image

Brandon
# 86 02-05-2012 , 03:19 AM
Lifetime Member
man this is a balltearer of a model mate....well done so far.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 87 29-05-2012 , 04:36 AM
I haven't been posting lately because I've been just getting on with making this thing. But I took the time to save screen shots as I worked so I can show you some of the stages. This is the indicator lever (I guess).

user added image
user added image
user added image

Then there's this thing which looks like an air conditioner or venting system on the ceiling of the cabin. This might look like the beginnings of a Boolean operation but the little cylinder is just there as a reference object that I use while I use the interactive split tool to make a hole there. I love that tool.

user added image
user added image
user added image

# 88 29-05-2012 , 04:42 AM
I also made the sun shades but didn't document it.

user added image

This next detail is where two ventilation inputs will be put, but I haven't done them yet.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 89 29-05-2012 , 04:50 AM
Why not show this as well.

user added image

At this stage I decided to re-visit Vray and see if I could get it working. Here is an early render, the material I'd been using looks almost metallic using Vray.

user added image

You might notice that I've remodeled the front windows to make them rounder in the corners, they where very sharp before, that sort of thing can happen when blue-prints are part of the equation.

# 90 29-05-2012 , 05:03 AM
I went with a 2 tone paint job, using Vray's carpaint material, and for most of these renders the chrome is quite unpolished, I've since been refining that.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image