Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-05-2005 , 03:18 PM

First Scene Peaceful Violence

I recovered now and now I can concentrate on maya again!user added image
So now I have decided to do a scene, either a War scene or a Hunting Scene. (depending on wether I feel giddy or depressed at the time), (and no, im not bipolar). I have modeled the Gun so far. Oh, about my second model, the car taht I did, it came out horrible, in the render with messed up shadeing and all that so I just dumped the whole project. Now, I will Still use NURBS, because thats the only way I know to use. So heres the gun

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by MattTheMan; 22-05-2005 at 11:48 PM.
# 2 22-05-2005 , 07:22 PM
Heres what I got in a test render. In the textures, I didnt bother to do the UV layout, though I understand that it is necesarry in larger scenes where the model is created with polys and is one part. Thats one of the reasons I like NURBS, because i don't have to do the Layout. Well, technically, my model is ALL polys, but they are conveted from NURBS. The image you see is unsmoothed.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-05-2005 , 09:25 PM
An update
Added a chain, and am gonna change the scene to a park type thing

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 22-05-2005 , 10:14 PM
Done Some more, pretty close now to the final render. Pretty close, but not there yet. Please point out whats wrong with it so i have an idea. Tha fact that the whole ground isnt complete i know of already.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 22-05-2005 , 11:46 PM
More Done, if this is the way I am going, then I'm not very close to the final render. Please tell my HONESTLY what you think. For a first scene, is it
A. AWESOME
B. Great
C. Good
D. Not bad...
E. fair
F. poor
G. bad
H. horrible
I. should stop workin on it cuz its cr@p

# 6 22-05-2005 , 11:47 PM
sorry forgot the pic

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 22-05-2005 , 11:58 PM
Added a peice of paper but couldn't resist showing you what was on it user added image user added image

Attached Thumbnails