Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-05-2006 , 10:16 PM

New character (gun_girl)

This is a new character ive been working on, she is meant to have a slight cartoony feel about her, (im thinkin of toonshading her) I have made her muscleley to justify the large guns she will be carrying around with her (image2). In the end i would like to animate her fighting a large mech. The gun is only half finished with alot of it still only being blocked in at this stage. It is based on a blueprint i found for the Alien pulse rifle. Crits and coms for both would be very welcome, need sum fresh eye thanx!!user added image user added image

# 2 15-05-2006 , 10:19 PM
good start but the heads needs work

the gun is good user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 15-05-2006 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
her baggy pants really give me a feel that she is a hip-pop star.
the gun is cool, but still needs some time on it.

cheers

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 4 17-05-2006 , 03:31 PM

update..toon shading!!

an update, some ideas i was playing with to give an idea of how i want this project to look at the end...crits and coms helpful..thanksuser added image user added image user added image user added image

# 5 17-05-2006 , 04:19 PM
Firstly i like the model and the gun. They both look really good, although I thiink looking into some anime characters would be extremely helpful.
You have said that you want her to be strong but there must be a better way of going about it. My suggestion would be to reduce the muscles still showing that shes strong but not to the extent of the present model.
The gun looks great and quite detailed without going too far.

Thats my two sent........tences. Actually more than that.
Great models and hope to see what you make with it.

Go to this website and download the trailer of the animation Appleseed it might give you a few more ideas.
https://www.plasticpassions.net/HTML%...s/trailers.htm

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 6 17-05-2006 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
yo mate hows it going?
Your talent is still coming on great!
Love the gun maybe a but smoother for the handle area though.
The girl looks very good! but i dont like the toon shder style personally.

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 7 17-05-2006 , 05:47 PM
cheers everyone for the crits and coms, the trailer was inspiring, Hi Magicsy, hows it going, nice Dyson by the way, wicked texturing!, fancy texturing a gun??, do you know of any work goin anywhere?..need a break in life!!

# 8 17-05-2006 , 05:53 PM
The Maya Mountain
it looks to me like her legs are too short

# 9 24-05-2006 , 09:15 AM
an update, hopefully gives more of an idea of what i want frm the scene, lighting is a lil to bright still but crits and coms welcome please!!user added image

# 10 24-05-2006 , 10:13 AM
this us developing really well. Nice work
Instead of having a black shadow maybe change the shadow colour to a darker hue of the original so the shadow isn't soo dark.
Just a tip.
Can't wait for it to be finished. Actually i probably could wait but i didn't mean it literally.:p

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 11 25-05-2006 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber
Her arms look like a man's arms.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 12 27-05-2006 , 09:56 AM

Originally posted by gohan1842
Her arms look like a man's arms.

Dude try and be constructive with your crit.

# 13 27-05-2006 , 01:45 PM
Excellent model lewisears - I really like the the modelling of her face - very distinctive - and I think the build of your character works well. The only thing that is bothering me are the folds in her baggy trousers which look a little too heavy handed in the model, though in the toon shaded picture they do look fine. Good work. Well done mate!

# 14 27-05-2006 , 02:26 PM
Subscriber
Great model, and something different from the usual realistic stuff.

Will this be used for any projects? Webcomics, animations etc?

Also... is that the Aliens Pulse Rifle I see in that gun?

# 15 30-05-2006 , 11:51 AM
Hi , thanks all for your comments and crits, its not that easy to notice on my last post but the arms have now been adjusted to be less 'man-ly' , im hopin to use her in a short animation for jus for a personal project. and yes the gun was based on a blueprint of the alien pulse rifle, cos lets be honest, there is no better gun!!! cheers all and ill put some new posts up soon..