Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-11-2002 , 12:41 AM

Looping animation?

Hi people,

I am animating a character at the moment doing afew walk's and run's, i'm animating the characters walk on 12's and have set the first and last key frames to be the same, however when I play the animation back you can always see the point at which the cycle ends, I kinda get this snapping movement going on!
Is there anyway I can adjust the first and last key frames so that they run smoothly through from one to the other?

Any help would be cool, thanks
James.

# 2 30-11-2002 , 01:19 AM
Are both feet the same settings, so when the cycle ends the feet are at the same point as fram 1. If thats not the problem try playing with the cycle options in the graph editor, mabe have an offset.

If that dont work try doing you clip in the trax editor.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 30-11-2002 , 05:46 PM

Nice 1.

Thanks Kurt, i'll give that a go, and yes the feet and the whole character keys are identical at start/fin frames.

Thanks,
James.

# 4 30-11-2002 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
just a thought, but in graph editor you can make the start and end tangent flat, then it will go slowly into motion and end slowly.

# 5 03-12-2002 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
If you are to repeat the walk cycle, You should make the animation jump back to frame 1 in the cycle 1 frame BEFORE you reach the end of the loop. Otherwise the animation wil halt because the first and the last frame are the same, and that frame wil be displayed 2 times in a row.

-DX-