Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-01-2003 , 05:13 PM

animated particle mixer

Hi to you all,

I´m to animate some kind of mixer. But now it seems I´m stuck up.

I´ve got a scene with the mixer (image) and 2 emitters emitting through the gaps on top of the mesh. The particles are particle-spheres bound to a gravity and an intercollision field. They are colliding with all of the geometry in the scene. I want the particles to be mixed and I want them to leave the mixer as orange particles. I´ve thought about a ramp coloring the spheres from red (yellow) at the beginnig to orange at the end of the mixer. But I can´t figure out how to apply a ramp to the particles not over their livespan but over the distance. Second problem is that the particles of emitter 1 only collide with particles of the same one, but not with the ones from emitter 2. Maybe, if the ramp-thing works, I can set up only one emitter emitting through both gaps. 3rd problem: the particles won´t fill up the mixer. I´ve tried to use instanced nurbs spheres(active rigid bodies) as particles but that didn´t work. Last question: The particles collide with the mesh and rest on it´s ground but half of the spheres won´t stay inside the mixer.

user added image

user added image

Thanks for any help,

Raoul