Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-05-2010 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber

transparency problems

hey guys, hope everything fine! user added image

My problem is that I have a scene where trees are made from 2d sprites which are with an alpha masked out.

I had maya 8.5 and it still works fine with MR. Now I have Maya 2009 and it dosn´t work anyway. Why??

The sprites are now complete visible, nothing is cut out and I tryed to shange to a mia material and use the cut out opacity option, but nothing happens.

I tryed to change the file format: targa, jpeg, tiff, png, bmp ... nohthing works!!

Its a school work and I have to finish this week, can you help me please to solve this problem.

I think it could be probably a bug... user added image

below you see a render with maya 8.5 and the trees are fine cut out, when I render in 2009 the white square around the trees is visible too..

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-05-2010 , 02:08 PM
Subscriber
there was some changes made in how mr looks at alpha in Maya. To get the old style transparency back just go to windows > settings/preferences > preferences. from the rendering category turn on the "Use Maya-style alpha detection on file textures"

# 3 19-05-2010 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber
thank you very much!:attn:

I finished the projekt with 8.5, because of my timetable.

But why are the things sometimes so complicated???

Thats the reason why so many people work with cinema and e.d.

With maya you have always problems with changes and things you will never know if there is somebody who can help you.... that makes me angry...:headbang:

But thank you very much vor fixing!!! That works well...