Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-08-2003 , 04:53 AM

Star Trek Nemesis All-Terrain Buggie

I saw this Star Trek Nemesis All-Terrain Buggie in a magazine but didn't have internet access (for the past 2 weeks) to get better images and post updates. Here's what i've done so far. It's just based on one image so i'm not look at making it excatly like the original, just taking what i can from that image. I didn't use any tutorials and didn't have any image planes...etc.

There's still alot to be done but it's starting to take shape, apart from the back part. I'm know exaclly that i'm gonna do/change next but it's late, or rather early so i'll continue tomorrow. Here's the last render. (I'll post progress/wire shots tomorrow/later today.

C+C would be great!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-08-2003 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber
That's looking great! If you are going for a 'jacked up' look maybe a big back wheel but I like the shape a lot. Is it all in nurbs or a combination of things?

# 3 25-08-2003 , 06:00 PM
All poly apart from the bars, there nurbs. Those cylinder wheels are just temp, and the back is a bit bigger but i may make it bigger.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 25-08-2003 , 06:29 PM
OMG...I tried like one million times to make something looking complicated. No success. You just started with the model and it looks complicated like hell. Great details so far. You are the next brian ellebracht. user added image

uhhm... the last thing was too much hehe

# 5 25-08-2003 , 06:32 PM
sweet.. Nice start, i can't wait to see it finnished.
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 6 25-08-2003 , 06:38 PM

Originally posted by EagleKing
You are the next brian ellebracht. user added image

Dude, what the hell have you been smoking!