Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-10-2015 , 08:07 PM

I am programmer,also my writing good, but my drawing extremely bad. Do I learn maya?

down vote
favorite

Is maya used for cgi and visual effects, too? Or premiere? I write film or animation, but have no help, can't make them into projects be done in reality. Should I learn maya? I am C/C#/Java/PHP programmer. & also my painting is damn bad, I don't know Photoshop well even. I want to make resume to be a writer in addition to programmer, but I have no friend to write for him, and he makes. my question on yahoo answer: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1105012AAikKvh

I want to post it to a festival and get a job as a film writer in addition to be programmer. Do you have an idea on someone who likes to cooperate? I send my writings. For example, for festival, I think of a lazy person animation, while has has no attention. I know the implementation and details of scene matter, too. But it seems good idea for a festival.

Thanks!

# 2 12-12-2015 , 07:17 PM

Be a good programmer

Just be a good programmer. Small start up companies of course will value your multi talent, but it is insanely time consuming to be good at many things in one life. If you want to work in big company, better o be an expert in one than knowing little of that and that... To learn Maya and become an artist will take you years and years of hard daily work. Same with everything else if you want to be good at it.

So my advice, if you like programming, just stick with it and become good. There is no way that you won't get a job if you are talented programmer - in many countries programmers are needed the most.