Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-12-2015 , 01:22 AM

nHair Outliner Issue

Hi Guys,

I'm following a tutorial online and there's a part where he creates a nhair system.

Now in the Outliner, it should have each follicle that when you expand it, it shows you its curve. (Screen shot on the left)

However when I create a hairsytem, it seems to put the follicle and curve within what looks to be another group by default. (Screen shot on the right)

I am unable to ungroup or unparent it from this. It looks to be a shape node so when I delete it, the follicle gets deleted.

Is there some setting I have activated within Maya that's creating it like this? It seems to happen also with other tools too. Its strange as I am doing exactly what the instructor is doing but mine has this extra shape node attached.

Thanks

*****UPDATE, I HAVE RESOLVED THE ISSUE BY TURNING SHAPES OFF IN DISPLAY IN THE OUTLINER, UNABLE TO DELETE THREAD*****

Ever Try, Ever Fail, No Matter. Try Again, Fail Again, Fail Better.

Last edited by mendosa69; 18-12-2015 at 01:54 AM.