Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-05-2005 , 04:36 AM

Decrepit Demon

Ok I have just started working on the 3rd character in my project. This should be the most detailed one of them all. (the bad guys always are). This guy will have 2 layers, similar to my last character (Angel), and like the angels outer layer his outer layer will also be animated, however instead of growing outward it will grow inward revealing a corroded skeleton. I think I will also add some of his muscle and some organs. ( I am still working on the design) If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Attached Thumbnails

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
# 2 25-05-2005 , 12:18 PM
Wow!
I like alot!!
What technique are you using?

Cheers,
,Matt user added image

# 3 26-05-2005 , 02:21 AM
Thanks! I am started with the eye socket, and then just basicaly did allot of "extrude edge"

# 4 26-05-2005 , 04:13 PM
Patch modeling? OUCH!!!!! That must have taken SUCH a long time.... and hard, but you handled uit very well. Actually, I have started on a skull model too, but for a firy demon type thing. Not copeyin your idea, cuz I willmake sure its not like yours, im not a plaigerist!Anyways, keep it up.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 5 26-05-2005 , 07:39 PM
Actually it wasnt that bad. It only took me about 5 hours. Im sure that may be a long time for some people but for myself I was pretty happy. Thats cool you are working on a demon as well mabey we can help eachother.

# 6 27-05-2005 , 11:18 PM
Here is an update. I probably dont need as much detail as I am putting in, but I am having fun. I might even cover allot of this up with muscle and stuff.
What do you guys think? Do you like it or do you hate it?

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 28-05-2005 , 12:20 AM
Hate it or love it?
Love it.
good song, too (50-cent)
Anyways, love the model. My demon file got corrupted. Yeah, its crap. So, anyways, yeah, love the model. And the detail, well it ads a good thing to it. As long as your haviing fun, thats the thing that matters, I think. Anyways, keep it up! Turnin out awesome! Like the skeletons off of the RPGs out now, or at least older ones like Morrowind. Really good.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 8 28-05-2005 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
awsome. love it. if i were u i would cover it up with muscles and rig it right. then u could save that for the base of most characters u model.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.